14 - Sundays aren't fun

One day before the hearing [Sunday]:

Anu had a warm and cozy sleep. She had nothing to think about and nothing to worry about when she woke up as it was sunday.

She opened her eyes around nine o'clock and stared at the clock ticking. "Sleeping as long as you wish to without any work… Sundays are indeed a blessing!" Anu thought. Her eyes were open but she was still lying on the bed contemplating if it was too early to wake up.

When she was still lost in thoughts, Vikram ran into the room and threw himself on the bed. Looking at him being so excited to be with her made Anu smile.

"Good morning, mom," he wished her with the utmost positiveness radiating on his face.

Kids have the purest soul!

She gave a peck on his chubby cheek. So did he.

"Mom, here's the plan. First we will have breakfast then go to the supermarket then go get an ice cream and finally, back to home," he said.

She smiled widely and agreed to him as she couldn't deny his cute order. "Okay, Sir," she teased, hugging him tightly.

The room that filled with laughter was the only sign of what keeps Anusree alive. It is neither her profession nor her ex-one sided love but her cute son, Vikram.

"Just give mumma some time. I will freshen up and come," she asked him to leave.

He obeyed her. "I love you, mom," he said while leaving. Listening to that, a small smile escaped from the lips of hers.

The little guy was too excited to be with his mom. He followed his mom, who went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Anu always feels happy when Vikram sticks around her. It felt great to look at his face while making food for him.

Vikram, who was sitting on the countertop, and Anu, who was cooking, had a lot of conversations.

By the time she completed cooking and having breakfast, she was tired to that extent where she felt too lazy to get changed.

Looking at the messy hair and cozy outfit of hers in the mirror she thought, "Who cares! It is just a convenience store" and made her way out in pajamas

They both went to the Mart to shop for groceries.

Holding his little finger in one hand and pushing the trolley with the other one, she moved from aisle to the other.

The moment they entered the chocolate section, Vikram unlocked his finger from his mother's. After all, his main purpose to come was this. Even Anu let him go around. She continued shopping, keeping an eye on him.

After taking everything he needs, Vikram carried a bunch of chocolates and made his way towards his mother. When he was running to put them in the trolley he bumped into a tall person.

Vikram looked at the scattered chocolates and was so close to crying. Vikram raised his head following the perfect posture of the guy to see who it was and finally when he looked at the face, it was his idol, Aditya standing there who was feeling sad for Vikram.

Aditya went on his knees to pick up the chocolates. "I am really sorry," he apologized cutely to Vikram and handovered the chocolates to him.

When Aditya was getting up, Vikram held his shirt. Automatically Aditya was on his knees again.

"Sir…" Vikram was still in awe.

Little did he care about the chocolates. "I really love you," he was on point to which Aditya replied with a smile.