Allies. Enemies. Cheese balls...

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know she had a personal relationship with the person who turned her," he retorted, shrugging.

"Lexi once told me about her. God she adored her but I never got to meet her," I murmured distractedly.

Elena wrapped her hand in mine, knowing Lexi was still a soft spot to me.

"Well what are we going to do then? she's a threat-" Damon started but Elena cut him off.

"To you Damon, you brought this on yourself, deal with this yourself, I will not help you." I nodded in agreement.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, "ok so whats your plan then, mine was to kill her."

"Come on lets go back home," I said while putting money on the table for my uneaten food. "We'll talk to her and explain what happened to Lexi, and who did it." I said looking at Damon, "then we'll go on from there."

"Yeah, she was stronger then Rose, a lot stronger. It'll be our gain to have her as an ally, not an enemy." Elena said to us, giving a pointed look at Damon.

~

Arianna's POV

For the second time that day I found myself sitting on the couch with an empty glass, this time, I didn't fall asleep. I just looked into the burning flames of the dying fire opposite me, I always did love watching fires, especially at night time, when the coals and the flames glowed brightest.

My mind wondered, I had calmed down now, after smashing a few tree's my anger had dimmed. I was the type of person who never enjoyed the thought of crying, instead of letting myself give in to my sadness, I just built a wall in my head to keep all the memories of her out. The thought was too painful, Lexi was like a daughter to me, I may look sixteen or seventeen, but I was roughly five hundred years old when I first layed eyes on her.

Who would want to kill Lexi anyway? What possible reason is there? I'm glad Rose somewhat understood what I was going through and left me alone, she explained her similar situation with Trevor, I also found out that she had knew Lexi as well. Eventually, I heard a car coming down the driveway.

"The three musketeers standing in the doorway," I said sarcastically as they stood there at the entrance of the living room for a moment. Stefan and Elena came sat opposite me, on the other couch while Damon stood by the desk, pouring himself a drink.

"I know your hurting, I did too when she died," Stefan said softly.

I looked at them and tilted my head, "I am hurting, Stefan. I raised her, for the past five hundred years of my life, Lexi has, in some way, been apart of it but some asshat took that away from me. So I prefer the method of blocking the pain out, then having the fairly big urge to stab everyone with a pitchfork." I growled.

"I have to tell you something," Damon said, looking at me for the first time, "it involves Lexi's death."

"Spit it out then." I smirked, wondering what he could possibly say to enlighten me on her death.

"Aria, I killed Lexi on Stefan's birthday to get a council of Vampire hunters off our backs. The Council had to believe there was no more threats in town. I'm... Sorry that Lexi was the Vampire I had to kill in order to do so..." Damon explained.

"At least you apologised. Your lucky Damon, that only you were involved. I'm blaming this, Council for Lexi's death. Your a single Vampire, not even worth an inch of Lexi's existence, but a whole group of people being the centre behind her downfall? It's more poetic for them to be blamed, if I do say so myself."

All three let out a sigh of relief.

I smirked. "So I heard or more rather noticed really, that you have a Vampire problem. What with trying to kill me and all. I can help you sort it out, just fill me in on the gaps."