Chapter 10 - Wonderstruck

Start from the beginning

"Ooh! Ooh! I'll open it!" Ruby exclaims, reaching down to grab both sides of the box lid, moving to pull it up. "Pop-Pop~ It's me! Your best friend, Rubyyy~ Here to resc-"

"BOO!"

"AAAAAHHH!" Ruby screams, falling back into the snow, throwing the lid of the box haphazardly behind her. It flies right into Four's face, the host growling and balling his hands into fists, already mentally preparing the way he could despawn her. You reach up and pat his arm, rubbing it to comfort him. "Four...it's okay..." You say softly.

"But- but she-!"

"I know, I know. But it was just an accident..." You reassure him, and he gently leans into you, appreciating the comfort and warmth. Taco watches suspiciously, but is instantly redirected to seeing a red block tumble out of the box into the snow, laughing at Ruby all the while. "HAHAHA! It feels so good to prank again!" Blocky guffaws, Taco raising a brow. "Huh? Blocky? But wasn't Lollipop supposed to be in this box?"

"And she is." Lollipop groans, sitting up and stretching out, readjusting her stick,which was all bent up. "Blocky, I thought I told you to stop touching my stick." She scolds, Blocky rolling his eyes. "Well you were taking up all the room in there!"

"And I'm sure bending my body around granted you...what...an inch or two? How roomy..." She says, folding her arms as she too stepped out of the box. "Glad to see we weren't forgotten about though, and- ugh-" Lollipop cringed at the weird and vile public display of affection between you and Four, who was too busy gazing at you with adoration to realize that Lollipop and Blocky had even emerged. "Ahem. Hosty boy- can you please cut the goo-goo eyes and get us out of here. I'm frozen to the core..." Lollipop complains. At first, Four seems confused, but dismissing it when he realizes everyone is staring at you both. It's a tad discomforting. Four stammers, leaning in towards X. "Err- X! Where do you think we should go next?" He inquires, loud enough for the rest of you to hear. X peers down to the device in his hands and twists the dial. "Well, my handy Contestant Locator-inator says we should go get Loser next!"

A sense of relief and excitement sweeps over the small crowd of contestants, though Four only appears to be mildly enthusiastic. You recall Four mentioning to you that they didn't quite understand why all the contestants were so encapsulated by the "idol cube's" charm. While you stood there, pondering how your interaction with Loser would go before a new portal opens at your feet, you and the others falling through into the next world.

The landing is ungraceful to say the least. You hit the ground hard, Firey and Taco plummeting into a dumpster nearby, sending rats scattering. Bubble pops upon landing on a pile of broken glass shards, and Ruby cringes at the smell of the area you've all fallen in. You immediately recognize this to be an urban city alleyway. "Sheesh...I don't think I like this place already..." Firey groans as he helps pull Taco out of the dumpster, you all looking around with uncertainty. "So where is Loser anyways?" Blocky asks nonchalantly, X squinting down at the screen in front of him. "He is very close! Come on gang!" X says, bounding out of the alleyway quickly before stopping in his tracks. The rest of you eagerly followed, only for you all to pause in shock.

Well...you certainly found Loser. Hundreds- no- thousands of them all going about their daily lives in this city. Some were driving cars, others crossing the busy roads haphazardly, running their businesses which were small and large alike. You even saw pairs of Losers, romantic partners strolling with small, baby Losers in strollers. It would certainly be difficult to tell which one of these were YOUR Loser if...these Losers weren't all the same, bright blue coloration.

"Oh my Cordita..." Taco gasps. "I don't think I've ever seen something more beautiful in my life!" Ruby cheers, truly feeling like a Loser fangirl in Loser paradise. Four reaches out to grab one of the cuboids that pass him, pointing towards it. "Perfect! Let's find the next contestant, X!" He says, X raising a brow at his friend.