Chapter- 27

Huh? Wait a minute. He hadn't been talking about male etiquette in dating younger women, but her stance on dating younger men? Holy shit! Smooth was the only word for him. But smooth didn't mean serious.
"Are you kidding me? You? And me?"
"Why not?" he replied, reaching across the table to take her by the hand. His index finger traced along her knuckles. Her gaze followed the manicured tips across her skin, imagined him traipsing those fingers along...Aw hell.
Back the hell up and focus, woman.
Forcing the sensual haze from her mind, Shanice left her hand in his but finally managed to pry her eyes away from his long, strong fingers. She met his gaze and her breath caught in her oesophagus. The man's eyes pinned her with a predatory stare that made his beautiful grey eyes look like chipped ice. Not cold, but unyielding.
"But why me, Massimo? I mean, look at you. You're brilliant, way manly gorgeous. And you even seem to have a pretty cool personality. What the hell could you possibly want with me?"
Massimo scooted out of the booth, helped her up and led her toward the exit.
"Wait, the bill..."
"Already taken care of, beautiful. Come with me."
"To where," she gasped, making her high heels move faster as he towed her out the door.
"For a walk, so I can answer your question in some semblance of privacy."
"What question?" Oh god, she was approaching delirious if she couldn't even remember what she'd asked him not three minutes ago.
"You asked why you. And I'm going to answer you. Thoroughly."
Oh. My. God. The man sucked all the air out of the sky and all the strength out of her typically stubborn resolve.
Next thing Shanice knew they were walking through the arboretum across the street from the restaurant. She knew this place intimately and the particular path he drew her down led to the middle of some lovely Japanese gardens with a bridge that stretched over a slow-moving stream that reflected the glow of a full moon.
Oh-ho-ho the man was good and had no doubt planned this romantic interlude. And she'd stepped right into it and sank feet first.
"I've been wanting to meet you since Charli's big grand opening bash to christen her new designer tailor shop. I told you that before."
Crowding her against the railing, he planted a hand on either side of her hips, holding onto the metal and effectively caging her in.
But strangely, Shanice didn't feel trapped. She felt damn horny. "Y-yes. I remember you saying that?"
He leaned closer.
"But I hadn't mentioned that I've been somewhat fascinated with you since the first time I saw you, and every time since then. Including every college function, you accompanied Charli to. Every award ceremony. Her graduation. The celebration of her passing the bar exam."
So, uh, why hadn't she noticed him at any of those things? The answer—Charli had been the focus of her world. Charli and building her career. But now Charli was doing just fine and her career? Well, it was just fine too.
"But why? Why have you wanted to meet me?" She just had to know.
"Other than the fact that you're a beautiful woman, I want you for the same reasons you find me attractive, Shanice. You're classy. Solid and steadfast. Strong but feminine. In a word, perfect."
Then his lips were moving over hers. And god, could the man kiss. No guy this young should have such skill with his mouth. It made her wonder what else he was good at.
Her barely audible gasp must have been encouraging because Massimo had the nerve—god, she loved nerves—to deepen the kiss and press his body flush with hers. Oooh! The light bulb went on in her head. No wonder his perfectly fit trousers never showed evidence of what kind of package he carried. The man wore a cup! And whatever hid underneath it was dying to get out.