22 : Hurt Lucas

~ Rosella ~

My eyes opened to an unknown surrounding and noticing the appearance of the room my brain concluded that I was in a hospital.

I looked at my right side and found Emma and Lilly sitting on the couch, they were both looking at there phone screens.

My head felt heavy but I still tried to sit up straight and that brought there attention to me.

"Ella you finally woke up! " Emma quickly stood up and came towards me.

Emma helped me sit up and Lilly got me a glass of water. "You feeling alright now?" I just nodded my head at Lilly.

" Do you know how scared we were when we found out about your accident, thankfully you did not had any major injuries. " That reminds me that Lucas was with me too.

"Where is Lucas? Is he alright? " I was panicking.

"He hasn't woken up yet but he's gonna be alright, the doctor said that there's nothing to worry about. " Lilly explained.

"I need to see him. " I tried to get off the bed but I had an IV attached to my wrist. I tried to take it off but Emma stoped me. "Stop you need to rest."

"I feel fine now, I just need to make sure if he is alright. " I tried to get off the bed but Emma again stopped me.

"Ella calm down you need to rest and you can see Lucas from here, you don't need to get up. " I was confused at what Lilly said but then she went to my left side and open the curtains that wer as a partition in the room so there was another bed in this room.

And there he was laying on the hospital bed unmoving with his eyes closed. He also had an IV connected to his hand and his other arm was in a cast.

Looking at him in this state makes my eyes water.

"Mom Rosella woke up. " Lilly said to her mother who apparently was also in the room. She was asleep on the chair that was besides her sons bed. She looked stressed and tired, maybe she did not get any sleep last night. But after looking at me her face looked relieved and she smiled at me.

She came near my bed and sat near me. "Oh dear you guys got us all worried. " She cupped my face with one hand. " Thank God that you are safe, tell me how do you feel now? "

"I feel okay it just this little headache and everything else is alright. "

"I'll go call the doctor." Emma said and went out of the room.

~
The doctor was almost done with examining me but there was a low voice heard in the room.

Everyone looked towards Lucas and he was indeed awake now. Mrs. Jones immediately stood up from her seat and went near her son.

"Mom." Lucas said his voice was hoarse. "First drink some water." She helped him sit and handed him a glass of water.

The doctor asked Lilly to pull the curtains so that he could examine Lucas and that's when Lucas's eyes landed on me and both our eyes met.

It felt like ages that i got to see his blue eyes. But sadly we only had a brief eye contact before the curtains wer closed between both our beds.

After the doctor was done examining Lucas, he said that the cast would stay on his hand for 4 to 5 weeks depending on his recovery and he also mentioned that both of us can be discharged tomorrow.

4 weeks is a long time and for a person like Lucas it will be hard to stop him from overworking himself. I was supposed to be his caretaker, so that's what I am going to do, I'll help him until he fully recovers regardless of our agreement that says I'll be his caretaker for of 10 days.

"Rose" My chain of thought broke when Lucas called me. I looked at him and realizes that it was just 2 of us in the room and the curtains wer open again.

"Are you alright. " He asked looking genuinely concerned. "Yeah I'm fine." I gave him a small smile as assurance. "Does your hand hurt a lot? " I asked.

"Not much. " He took a long pause. "Do
your parents know about our accident. "

"I haven't told them yet, because I don't want them to worry, plus I am perfectly fine just a little scratch here. " I pointed at the little bandage on my forehead.

Lucas was about to say something but Lilly and Ms. Jones entered the room. They brought us lunch.

~time skip~

It was almost midnight and the hospital room was lit with dim lights. I stood up to use the bathroom and after I was done I was about to head to my bed but I heard someone talking outside the room.

The door was cracked open in a way that was enough to see the person standing there. It was Lucas talking with someone.
"Are you sure this was planned?"

"Yes according to my investigation the driver of the other car that hit your car was paid to do that, and it was planned in such a way that nobody gets killed, it was done just to hurt you. "

"Hmm so he is again playing his nasty games with me, but this time was a close call as Rose was with me too. What if something had to happen to her."

"I can't let this happen again he has done enough damage to my family and I won't let him escape this time. " I've never seen Lucas so furious, and this makes me curious that who is he talking about. Who wants to hurt Lucas?

***************************************
I know it wasn't much in this chapter but I promise that the next one will be good.

Don't forget to vote⭐