3 : His Assistant?!

~Rosella~

Mr. Jones was walking right towards me I thought he gonna approach me but then he greeted Mr. Lawrence.

"Good evening Mr. Jones it's our pleasure to have you here." Mr. Lawrence said. I just gave him a little smile and said 'good evening' which he responded but the way his eyes looked in mine gave me a strange feeling.

Then both men started talking about business and I excused myself to find Emily. She was standing near the drinks counter with some of our colleagues.

"Hey" I said approaching them.

"Ella! Its been so long the last time I saw you. You look so pretty tonight ." Emily said.

"You too are looking amazing tonight and we meet everyday at office."

Emily rolled her eyes"Come on do you even call that meeting when you are always working your ass off in the office."
"You didn't even came for our girls night out last time." Sarah joined the conversation.

"I am really sorry for that but now I don't have that work load on me anymore as the deal is done."

"So let's celebrate!" Sarah said cheerfully.

"But we are already celebrating it aren't we?"

"Sure we are celebrating but what Sarah means is we need to celebrate like a real party and not some formal business event." Chris said in a matter of fact way.

"Maybe we could celebrate at Emily's brother's club that opened last mont." Sarah said. "and this time Ella you can't back out." She added.

"You guys know that I don't drink and I think we can celebrate somewhere else." I said in hopes that they would change there decision.

"Nope not happening and this is kind of a due for the last time when you didn't came with us"Emily looked determined.

"FINE" I said exasperatedly.

After that we talked about some random topics and Chris asked Sarah to dance with him so they both went to where all the couples were dancing.

Now only me and Emily were standing and having our drinks. To be more specific I was having orange juice and Emily was having a wine.

"Hey I'll just go use the washroom." Emily said and went.

Now I was sitting alone on the bar stool and I was looking around to the dancing couples when I felt a presence beside me.

I looked beside me and my breath caught in my throat.

It was Mr. Jones with a glass of wine in his hand. "You don't drink I suppose."

"Ahm yeah I'm not good with alcohol." I replied pretending not to be nervous.

The atmosphere felt thick.

"I hope you are fine with your new work schedule."

"What schedule are you talking abou?"

"So didn't Mr. Lawrence tell you that you will also assist me in this project as in by being my assistant?" He asked casually.

I am really shocked by his statement. I mean I know that I have to work with him but I will also have to assist him now. This man here standing in front of me is so damn intimidating that I can't even talk without stuttering and now I will have to be his assistant?!

"Ms. Stone? I asked you something." he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um y-yeah I heard you." I said awkwardly.

"So judging by your expression I think Mr. Lawrence is yet to break the news to you."

"Yes he-"

There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to find a panicked Emily.

"Ella I've got some family emergency can you give me your car keys, I came here with Sarah."

"Is everything alright I can drop you home if you want, and I've brought Emma's car so I need to inform her."

"I will be fine and after all your presence is needed here. I'll inform Emma that I took her car."

"Okay then but take care of yourself." I said handing her the car keys.

"Yes I will." She said and went.

When I turned around I saw Mr. Jones taking with some other guy standing beside him. That guy looked handsome, he was tall, had black hair and his body looked well built.

"Is she your date tonight?" That guy asks Mr. Jones.

"No." He replied nonchalantly.

"Then may I know who you are?" He said looking at me.

"I'm Rosella."

"Nice to meet you Rosella I am Aiden." He said.

Mr. Jones got a call and he went to attend it. So now it was only me and Aiden talking. I have noticed that Aiden is a very friend guy he is a person who can make anyone laugh.

After some random talks and getting to know each other Aiden extended his hand to me and asked " Can I have the pleasure to dance with you?"

"Um I am not sure actually I don't know how to dance."

"That's not a problem. Just follow me." I nodded and we went to the dance floor.

Aiden put his hand on my waste and he guided my hand on his shoulder. At first I thought that I will fall down and make a fool out of my self but then I got a hang of it and I started swaying my body according to the slow music.

"So now do you think the same about dancing?" Aiden asked with a smirk on his face.

"Actually I am quite liking it." I said giggling.

While we were dancing my eyes again found there way towards Mr. Jones who was look at us intensely. And by just looking at his intense gaze I get chills up my spine.

A/n : So there goes the next chapter. I am sorry for a late update but I hope you people understand. I really wanna thank you all for being so patient. And I will make sure not to make you wait this long.