1 : Deal signing

~Lucas~

"Do you wanna get old in that office chair of yours...when was the last time you went clubbing." Aiden keeps on persuading me even when he knows my answer.

"I have work I can't be partying all night." I said already getting bored of this topic.

"Come on it's Friday night." He said getting frustrated.

"You know my decisions don't change for anyone."

"You are coming and I won't take no as an answer." He hung up before I could say anything.

I was sitting in my office while going through the files of our new project when a knock interrupted me.
"Come in" I said and Anna my secretary entered.
"Sir the chauffeur is waiting."

"I'll be on my way." I went down the building to my car and George drove me to the meeting at the Lawrence Co.

~*~

When I went in the building I was guided to the conference room by the receptionist.

When I entered the conference room it was empty except there was a girl who was setting up the presentation on the projector.

She was so busy in her work that she didn't notice me. I looked at her small form probably 5'5 or 5'4 tall judging from her appearance.

She had a stack of papers in her hands and she hummed something to her self while distributing the papers over the table. I cleared my throat for my presence to be noticed.

When she noticed that some one is standing behind her she got startled and a few papers in her hands fell down.

She immediately bend down to pick those papers "I am s-sorry I didn't n-noticed you" she said stuttering clearly embarrassed. I bent down to help her pick those papers and it was then that I finally saw her face.

Her grey eyes looked deep and doe like with long lashes surrounding them. Light brown hair framing her face, her skin looked soft with perfect pink full lips.

"Um y-you don't have to Mr.-" she said awkwardly.

"Lucas Jones."I introduced my self and handed her the papers. I am amused that she doesn't knows my name.

"Thanks for you're courtesy Mr. Jones." She said in her small voice. "I am Rosella Stone personal assistant of Mr. Lawrence" something about her sounded familiar but I can't put my finger on it yet.

‎I extended my hand for a handshake "nice to meet you Ms. Stone." She shook my hands with her small fragile ones "nice to meet you too Mr. Jones" she smiled softly. As if on cue Mr. Lawrence and other business associate came in.

"I see you are on time as usual, hope you didn't have to wait long." I shook hands with Mr. Lawrence. "Our company is looking forward for the Joint Venture."

"So is ours. "

Soon the meeting started as everyone settled down. Mr. Lawrence made the business proposal and called Rosella to present the presentation to explain all the details and profitability of the project.

I listened to Rosella the way she explained the statistical data she was speaking nothing like the moment before when I met her. Now she was speaking with confidence without stuttering or getting nervous. And I was rather impressed by their company's progress and efforts.

"So what do you think Mr. Jones do you agree?" Mr. Lawrence asked.

"I am really impressed by you're company and this joint venture will benefit both the companies hence I give my consent for the deal." I shook hands with him.

Then we did the signing of the contracts and everyone applauded.

I was standing beside Mr. Lawrence when he called Rosella.

"I suppose you met Rosella earlier?"he asked me.

"Yes"

"She is in charge of this project so you can take all the information you want on it from her."

"She seems like an experienced employee maybe we won't need a project manager if she is already handling all the work herself."

"She is a very talented employee of our company with good managing skills, I take completed assurance of her work."
He spoke like a proud father.

"That increases our expectations." I glanced at Rosella, she seemed a little nervous.

"So what do you think Ella? You up for it?" Mr. Lawrence asked her.

"Um this is a huge responsibility that you are giving me and I'm not sure if I'm the right person for it" She tried to deny.

"I disagree as no one understands this project as better as you because you've already worked on it." Mr. Lawrence was persistent for her to say yes.

She looked in deep thoughts but at last she accepted to be the project manager.

"Then I guess we will be meeting quite often Ms. Stone." Her body language seemed tensed and she gave me a nervous smile.

~time skip~
I was exhausted at the end of the day so after taking shower I went straight to bed. As soon as my body hit the bed I felt comfortable and all the stress and thoughts of the day vanished except one. And it was that mysterious girl who seemed oddly familiar.

************************************

Don't forget to vote ⭐