2 : Celebration

~Rosella~

It was 5.30 pm and I just reached home from office. As soon as I entered my apartment I was embraced in a bone crushing hug by Emma my best friend who also happens to be my roommate.

"Did you get the deal ?" She asked impatiently. She knew what all efforts I put in it and wanted me to get it at all costs.

I gave her that sad look and acted innocent "No we didn't, they said our company wasn't good enough for the collaboration." I said and instantly her facial expression changed from excited to annoyed.

"WHAT THE F*CK?!How in the f*cking hell they did that, don't they know how much hardworking you put in it?"

"STOP! we got the deal, I was just messing with you" I said to stop her from yelling.

"WHAT!" She hugged me. "Oh my God I knew you would get that"she said excitedly. "Let's celebrate."

"I am exhausted right now and tomorrow I have to attend a dinner celebration at Mr. Lawrence's place."

"You are no fun at all, at least make your delicious spaghetti for me." She pouted.

"Okay then let's make it together" I said and both of us started preparing dinner.

While we were in the middle of cooking I asked Emma about her new job. She's a fashion designer and she recently got a job in a well known boutique.

"You know my boss is such a kind lady she always welcomes my opinions and treats us all like a family."

"She seem like a nice lady, I'm happy for you."

"But let's talk about you now shall we."

"What do you wanna know?" I asked.

"I already know that you new boss is very hot." She said with a grin. "And what makes you think that?"

"I googled him." She said in a matter of fact way.

"Tell me how does he looks in person did you talk with him." Only if she knew how it is to really talk with him.

"When I first saw him he looked very intimidating, he has a very strong personality but he did seemed like a nice personl, he even helped me pick papers off the floor." Talking about him made me remember what he said earlier and I feel worried again.

"What happened? You seem lost." Emma looked concerned.
"They made me the project manager." I blurted out.

"What! Now that's a bigger news!" Her face lit up. "That means you'll see him more often."

"This makes me remember of those romantic books that I read on Wattpad."she said dreamily.

"Okay that's enough now let's eat." Because I don't wanna get Emma started on this topic.

After we had dinner I took a warm shower and went to bed. It was a tiring day today. The contract for which our company was working hard was finally signed.

I presented the presentation that I worked so hard for. I think Mr. Lawrence trust me a lot that's why he gave me the opportunity to be incharge of such a huge project.

And now again my thoughts go back to Mr. Jones. He seemed kind and polite to me unlike what I have usually heard about him that he is known for his rude and arrogant persona.

But now the thing is how can I work for him when he's so damn attractive and intimidating all at the same time. I can't even talk to him without stuttering. My thoughts were a contradictory mess but slowly sleep overpowered me.

~Next day~

Emma and I wer going through my closet to find a dress for the celebration.

After a hour of searching the perfect outfit and doubting on my fashion sense we finally found a dress for me.

I took a quick shower and now I am sitting on a chair my back is facing the mirror and Emma is doing my makeup. She said that when she finishes my makeup only then I can have a look.

I hate to cake my face with makeup like all those other girls but with Emma I feel at ease as she is a pro at stuff like this.

(Rosella's Dress)

"And done" she said and I turned to look myself in the mirror. The black dress that I'm wearing looked nice and Emma did wonders on my face.

"You look beautiful." Emma complemented look in the mirror.

"Thanks to you that you showed your magic."

"You have a beautiful face and now I think you should get going"

"Okay I'll call a cab-

"NO you are not going in a cab, you are taking my car and no arguments on that"

I simply took her car keys and went out of the front door as I know that I am not gonna win this argument.

~*~

I reached at the Lawrence mansion and when I went inside my eyes wer caught by the beautiful decoration. Sure I have came here before but today this place looks more beautiful with all these arrangements made by Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence.

I made my way to the garden area where everyone is and i was greeted by Mrs. Lawrence, she embraced me in a heart warming hug. She treats me like her own daughter.

"Rosella how have you been my dear?you don't even come to visit me"

"I am really sorry that I don't visit you often but these days we had a busy schedule at the office...I hope you understand."

"You don't need to overwork your self dear if this old man here gives you a lot of work then you can always tell me." She said referring to Mr. Lawrence.

"And who that old man might be?" Mr Lawrence came and stood beside his wife.

"We all know that I am talking about you Daniel." Mrs. Lawrence said.

"Hey I am not that old I still have my charm that makes you fall Everytime you look at me." Mr. Lawrence said getting offended.

"In your dreams" she said and went away.

"Don't mind her you know how unpredictable she can be sometimes...anyways you enjoy your self...if you want you can take the day off tomorrow." Mr. Lawrence said.

"That's so generous of you but that won't be necessary." I replied.

"Ok if that's what you want now just enjoy the party."

"There he comes." Mr. Lawrence looked pass me at the entrance so I turned around saw that Mr. Jones was standing there in a dark blue suit. His hair was looking neat and soft, to explain his look in short he could make a girl swoon.

His eyes found mine and we both looked at each other. Then suddenly he started walking towards me without breaking the eye contact.

************************************

Don't forget to vote⭐

Never let goOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara