There was a good possible chance that he kept his things in his backyard.

Seren unblocked the door, pushing it to the side to fit through the space. The overhead light turned on to the right of her, causing her to flinch at the unexpected light that probed her.

It might have been darker than she anticipated, glancing around his backyard cautiously, paranoid that something would pop up from the dark and race over to her at an inhumane rate. Her mouth went dry at that creepy thought, shaking her head, not allowing her mind to play tricks on her. Or allow her overly inventive mind to stop her from doing something considerate for her boyfriend.

Her eyes traced over the dark property, shifting from left and right to find what she was initially looking for.

Her inquisitive eyes stopped at a cellar that was at the far corner of the house.

"That's so strange... I didn't know houses here had cellars?" She mumbled, taking a few careful steps forward to ensure her discovery.

Something dropped in her stomach, something that had her pause her movements to rethink what she was doing.

Would Hoseok appreciate her going down into the cellar of his home without his permission?

She bit her lip in theory, the tip of her shoe tapping against the pavement below her.

She took another painstaking step forward, noticing the chain tied around the two handles was left unlocked.

A sudden obtrusive breeze pelted against her face, pushing the unkempt hair off her cheeks and shoulders. Her heart throbbed painfully against her ribs, swallowing down her thick saliva. She almost wanted to obey the direction of the wind – as though it was telling her to turn back into his home.

All she could hear was the rapid beat of her heart, it deterred the rational thoughts in her head as it echoed throughout her body, solely feeling the need to step forward and enter the underground room she had no idea was even there in the first place.

Curiosity spiked in her blood, pumping her veins with impulsive fearlessness and adrenaline.

She pushed forward, standing in front of the entrance with the little light provided by the overhead light near the sliding door. Seren peeked through the small slit near the chained doors, all she was able to see was a short staircase that led to nothing but what seemed to be complete darkness.

She sighed, searching the area around her to make sure nobody was around. She set the hamper down on the ground beside her, carefully removing the rusted old chains from the latches. Her face recoiled as some of the rust debris fell above her hands as she tossed it to the side of the grass.

It left behind the smell of tainting metal on her fingers, sliding her hands together to rub off the residue.

When she moved the two doors aside, she was met with another white screen door with a single hinge to act as a knob.

There seemed to be a dim yellow light flickering inside, prompting her further.

With the basket of clothes in her hands, she walked down the concrete steps, pushing open the door, dauntlessly.

The poor yellow light hardly lit up the area, but it was just enough for her to see the washing and drying machine.

She let out a breath of relief, slightly laughing at herself for being so worked up over nothing but a simple cellar.