CHAPTER 18

"It appears you passed out." the voice of the module echoed through Sanomis' mind.

"I have?" Sanomis asked.

All and every contact with the outside world was abruptly severed. But if he did lose his conscience, he expected a complete and utter darkness. And yet, his mind was apparently still working. So was his module.

"How come I'm still aware?" Sanomis wondered.

"You managed to retreat inside of your mind, once the pain became unbearable." module answered "It must have been some pain."

"I did what?" Sanomis was confused "How did I manage to do that?"

"With magic." module answered.

"W...what?!" his thought appeared in a stammer "What do you know of magic? Explain yourself!"

"All I know is I've detected a similar phenomenon emanating from the crystal formation you found in that cave." module said "Furthermore, from your conversation with Ch'ybal, and your continuous thoughts about every unexplainable thing, I came to a conclusion that you used magic."

"If that's the case, I did it without knowing." Sanomis said "If that was the magic even."

"Well you could certainly benefit from the similar magic right about now." module said.

"Why is that?" Sanomis asked.

"Because the admiral connected his module."

"Can you pair yourself with it?" Sanomis asked hastily.

"I already have." module answered.

"Can you see what he is doing?" Sanomis asked.

"He is uploading some program inside of me." module said "But don't worry, I can stop him."

"Don't!" Sanomis said.

"But why?" module was confused.

"Can you still read your files and use your programs?" Sanomis asked.

"Yes." module confirmed "Why?"

"Because this could be our only chance to gain access into the admiral's module." Sanomis answered.

"What do you need from me?" module asked.

"Are you undetected?" Sanomis asked.

"Yes." module answered.

"Then copy and hide the program you'll find in the directory THE FINAL OPTION." Sanomis said.

"Very well." module answered "And what is THE FINAL OPTION?"

"It is a program." Sanomis said.

"What kind of program?" the module persisted.

"It's a devastator."