CHAPTER 16

Four discs appeared on top of their designated platforms, situated in the exact center of the symmetrical, octagonal room, some forty meters in diameter. Dark, almost completely black walls reached fifteen meters, touching the flat ceiling. They were smooth, without any sign of openings. Either doors or windows.

The ceiling was completely covered with illumination plates. Only ten of them were powered on, casting a faint, yellowish light over two figures that were already there. Sanomis noticed them, only when one of the battle vards pushed him to move. The geologist immediately recognized them. They were Naarbul Sariyk, Ganiwarthal admiral and Nharsia Santlev, the chief supervisor of all operations. Sanomis could finally put faces to those responsible for this operation. Responsible for what was going to happen to the residents of Dorull. Those, who were obviously eager to find out what he knew.

"Escort him to the interrogation room." Narbul commanded "We'll be joining you shortly."

Battle vards nodded in unison, as they led Sanomis to one of the platforms. They then promptly took their places on the adjacent plates, before entering the desired destination. Naarbul patiently waited for them to disappear, before turning over towards the captain.

"Was he working alone?" the admiral asked.

"I think so." Avena answered.

"You think, or you know?" Naarbul asked again.

"I know." Avena answered, "He was alone when he was found."

"He could've confided in someone." Nharsia noticed.

"He is a loner. He was always alone when he was on my ship." Avena said "I think his life hasn't changed much once he moved to Shteint."

"According to the captain Niykav's report, he had certain contacts with lieutenant Vagyr Zharn." Admiral Sariyk added "Perhaps there was something in it."

"Highly unlikely." Avena answered "The lieutenant reported the geologist's disappearance. He was the one who found him."

"Good." Naarbul was pleased, "Very good."

"It will be even better when we find out how this darn geologist learned about our business." Nharsia said.

"And what exactly he knows." Naarbul said "Let's go and ask him."

"Let's." Nharsia agreed, already stepping towards one of the platforms.