Chapter 16: Never giving up till it's over!

Start bij het begin

~~

"Amazing..., he even has a Charizard." Serena stared at the dragon pokemon in shock. She could hardly believe how many strong pokemon Ash had on his team, a feeling shared by all of Ash's friends.

~~

"You ready to battle, Charizard?" Charizard responded by turning towards Ash and shooting a Flamethrower at Ash's face. The audience gasped in shock, worried for Ash, but the raven-haired trainer shrugged it off like it was nothing.

"Well then, use Flamethrower!" "Counter with your own Flamethrower!"

Both Charizards fired large blasts of fire at each other. The attacks collided in the middle of the battlefield and cancelled each other out. The crowd were already surprised by the strength of both fire/flying types, as were Ash and Alain. Seeing how equal their pokemon were made both trainers want to give it their all.

"Charizard, Wing Attack!"

Ash's Charizard's wings began to glow white as he dashed towards Alain's Charizard.

"Counter with Dragon Claw!"

On the other side of the battlefield, Alain's Charizard took an attacking stance before charging forward, green scaly claws forming on his hands in the process. He managed to strike the other Charizard in the head, but also got his wings clipped by Ash's Charizard.

"Charizard, recover then fly up!"

Ash's Charizard shook away the last attack and took to the skies.

"Chase after him and use Thunder Punch!"

Alain's Charizard flew up at full speed as sparks flew out of his hands. He was laser-focused on Ash's Charizard, ready to deliver a big blow.

"Counter using Dragon Tail!"

At the same time, Ash's Charizard's tail began to glow green. He flew on top of Alain's Charizard and slammed his tail down at the Thunder Punch attack. Both attacks collided once again but this time, Ash's Charizard put more pressure and overpowered his opponent. Alain's Charizard took a direct hit and fell straight to the ground.

"This is totally different from when I fought Trevor's Charizard... Such strength." Alain thought.  Just then, Ash's Charizard slowly floated down to the ground, seemingly without a single scratch on his body. He knew there was no way to win this battle by strategy, so he only had one option left.

"Charizard, let's do this!" Alain shouted as he pressed a keystone on his ring. That stone started to glow, along with the ring on the band wrapped around Charizard's neck. Then, a surge of energy started to flow towards Charizard. 

"Mega Evolve!" 

Charizard's body went through a massive transformation, as his entire body turned black with sky-blue undersides and soles. Spikes could be seen all around his body, while the fire in his mouth changed from orange to blue. 

Ash's Charizard stared at his opponent in shock, but also even more excited about his match. A smirk formed on Ash's face, as he shouted towards his Kanto starter, "Well, this will be your most difficult challenge yet. You ready, old pal?" Charizard turned back towards Ash and back to his opponent, giving a deafening roar.

"Okay then, use Flamethrower!"

His Charizard flew up into the air this time and launched an even larger fire blast at the Mega Charizard X below him.

"Counter with your own Flamethrower!"

Alain's Mega Charizard fired a blast of blue fire at the incoming Flamethrower attack. Both attacks collided by neutralised each other out. Ash was relieved and proud that his Charizard could still keep up with the likes of Mega Charizard, while Alain just watched in shock.