Chapter 14: Romantic getaway

I felt like there needed to be a breather between the Kalos League matches, so here it is! This is also a great opportunity to put in some more Amourshipping moments into this story, so yeah. Without further ado, here is Chapter 14 of "Making Memories Together"! Enjoy!

The night was calm and serene in Lumiose City, totally different from the recent loud and noisy days of the Kalos League. Almost no one could be seen on the streets, and the lamps along the sidewalks slowly flickered in the dark night. It was peaceful in Meyer's house as well, as all the occupants drifted into deep sleep. Well, most of the occupants at least.

Ash laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling, eyes wide open. Occasionally, he glanced at the clock to see whether the time was right. Once he concluded that enough time had passed, he rapidly sat up and took a deep breath. He tiptoed through the hallway of Meyer's house, trying to find the room where Serena was sleeping in, without making any noise or waking anyone up.

Ash hoped that Serena would immediately agree to his request. Fortunately, he had a plan that was almost guaranteed to make her want to go.

Once he reached Serena's room, he stopped to confirm the plan he had come up with. Then, he slowly opened the door, trying to make as minimal noise as possible. However, the door made a loud creaking sound as he opened the door, much to Ash's horror. Luckily, Serena was still fast asleep, and Ash heaved a sigh of relief.

He walked up to the side of the bed, and lightly tapped her shoulder. "Serena? Wake up." He said gently, but Serena didn't react. Then, Ash resorted to slowly rocking her around. That's when Serena's eyes started to flutter open.

To be honest, Ash chose the wrong time to do this. At that moment, Serena was dreaming of the day she and Ash got married, and was having the best dream of her life. However, the moment she felt someone rocking her, her dream faded away and she got furious. She wanted to wake up and really wanted to give that person a lesson he/she would never forget.

She fluttered her eyes open, and turned her head to the source of the rocking. She was about to scream at that person, when she realised who it was. Her boyfriend stood beside her bed, grinning widely. Once she confirmed it was Ash, she calmed down. Her anger immediately turned into curiosity.

"Hmm, what are you smiling about?"

Ash scratched his nose, and said, "Well, I was hoping you and I could go on a little adventure together. I saw something just now, that I thought both of us could go explore?"

Serena was in deep thought after this, and replied, "But don't you need enough rest for your finals match tomorrow? I am also still kind of tired anyways..."

Time for Plan B. "It's fine. I want to keep this energy up so that I can perform my best in tomorrow's match." A smirk grew on Ash's face, "Besides, it will be like a first date. We haven't had one ever since we got together, have we?"

Serena's ears perked at the word "date". She then realised her and Ash never had any time to spend the day with only each other. Well, there was the Coumarine City 'date' of some sorts, but Serena denied that as an actual date. Immediately, she sat up, and smiled at Ash saying, "If you put it that way, then I will gladly go with you." Hand-in-hand, the two teenagers slowly made their way out of the house, and towards their little adventure.

Pikachu had been awake the whole time, smiling at how far his trainer had come in terms of romance. He wanted to go along with them, but in his heart he knew...

This adventure will only be for Ash and Serena.

Ash and Serena walked along the bushes found behind the house. As Ash searched for the scratch he had made on one of the trees, Serena leaned on Ash's shoulder, sighing blissfully. Ash heard this, and asked, "You're already enjoying this so much, aren't you? We haven't even started our mini adventure." "I know, but having you with me alone is enough for me." Ash chuckled lightly, then suddenly gasped.