Chapter 2: Another way of training

Well, this was quite fun to write honestly. Hopefully you guys enjoy the chapter! Without further ado, here is the second chapter! Enjoy!

"Oh wow, that's actually a good id-, wait WHAT?!"

Serena never said anything, just continued to smile at Ash mischievously. Ash sweatdropped and continued, "So you're saying that I will take your place while you train your pokemon?" He really couldn't believe what he heard. He knew almost nothing about Pokemon Showcases, not to mention dancing in general, and now Serena wants him to help her with the biggest performance of her life thus far?

"Yeah, why not? How else would I be able to work on my pokemon's moves while making sure the whole performance is cohesive? You would be the perfect replacement!" In Serena's mind, on one hand she really did need his help because of her injury, but on the other hand, she just wanted to spend more time with the boy. She just wants to have some fun with him, alone, while at the same time be productive.

Ash looked at Serena in embarrassment. Under any other circumstance, he would've outright rejected that kind of idea because it's not something that's in his comfort zone at all. However in this case, Ash really did want to see that sweet smile of hers, and to see her achieve her dream. So, for that, he reluctantly said, "You know what, sure, I'll do it. What do I need to do?" 

~~~~~

"Ok guys, today we will be able to practise our routine after all. But to do that, I have invited Ash over here to help." Serena led Ash to her pokemon, who were willingly waiting for training to start. Once they heard what Serena said, they turned their heads to Ash, who waved at them while hesitantly laughing. Serena then went to her pokemon and whispered to them, "I know Ash may not be the ideal person for this kind of thing, but we do need all of the help we can get, and I do also want to spend some alone time with him. So please understand where I am coming from." Her pokemon all shouted in joy, while Braixen just smirked.

"Ok, everyone to your positions! And Ash, please stand here. You just try to copy my moves, and it should be fine." Serena gestured to Ash to stand in the middle while her pokemon stood around him, all of them in their starting positions. Ash got more and more hesitant with what he was doing then, but still decided to roll with it.

"And, go!"

Serena's pokemon started rehearsing like they usually did, while Ash, painfully, tried his utmost best to follow Serena's restricted movements. For the first few rounds, Ash kept on falling down and everyone fell anime-style onto the floor, laughing. Although mostly in a bit of pain, Ash smiled to see Serena so happy just like that, and that motivated him to persevere and continue with the training, no matter how stupid he looked.

As time went by, Ash's movements became much more fluid, and he could actually keep up with Serena's pokemon. Serena was actually surprised by this. She knew that Ash was very unpredictable and could do or learn things fairly quickly, but she never knew that someone like Ash could learn how to dance that well with so little practice.

The progress Ash made came to the point that he could give comments and suggestions to make the performance even smoother and overall, even better. "You know what, these showcases are starting to remind me of Pokemon Contests, so I guess I do know a bit when it comes to performing." He explained.

For the whole morning, it was just the two teenagers training their hearts out, brainstorming different ideas together and trying them out in the routine itself. For the pokemon, not only were they very focused in their practice and enjoying it, they were also very happy seeing both trainers interacting so much and so well with each other. They only just realised through this, that both of their minds were really in sync, and their thoughts were very cohesive with each other. Both of them were able to agree on basically everything without any kind of conflict.