Chapter 5: Questioning Ourselves

So as I said in the previous A/N, this chapter will be kind of a filler chapter. But this will also be quite an important chapter in showing our main characters' feelings and emotions.

Without further ado, here is the 5th chapter of this story! Enjoy!

The next day, everyone decided to explore Gloire City on their own before heading for Ash's 8th gym battle in Snowbelle City. So, once everyone had their breakfast, Ash decided to take a little stroll around the city to clear his thoughts. He left his pokemon to Bonnie, who was ecstatic, then left the Pokemon Centre, hands in his pockets.

~~~~~

With Serena

Serena, after eating her breakfast, walked back to her room in the Pokemon Centre to pack up all her Master Class costumes and props. As she was packing, she couldn't help but think of the rollercoaster ride of a journey she has had, and smiled. Now that she won the Kalos Queen title, she could relax and reflect on the endless preparations leading up to her Master Class performance.

~~

She first thought of the very start of her journey, staying at her home in Vaniville Town, forced by her mother to do Rhyhorn racing training. She hated it there and was constantly waiting for an opportunity to get out of the house for once. That was until she watched the news that day, and recognised Ash. Afterwards, she joined Ash on his journey, but mainly just to be with him, and she had no clear goal of what she wanted to do.

However, as her journey went on, she slowly started to realise what she wanted to achieve, something that she actually was willing to do. And that was all because of Ash. He was the one who managed to see what she was generally happy and interested at, and helped her to realise her true dream

Over the course of the journey, she worked her heart out with her pokemon, to achieve her dream as quickly as possible. With her friends' constant support and cheers, she was fully motivated to be the best that she could be. But it is only with the number of talks and words of encouragement that Ash gave her over the past few months, could she do so well and win it all in the Master Class. She remembered the heartwarming speech she made specifically to mainly thank him, and she chuckled.

~~

This was when it clicked in her head. Ash. The main reason she could do so well in her showcase performances was because of Ash. All the unwavering support and encouragement he had given to her had been so important in the progress she made. She thought out loud, "I admire and love him that much, do I? *sigh* Hopefully he feels the same way."

"There's a high chance he does feel that way."

Serena was startled, and immediately turned to the source of the voice. Standing at the doorway, Clemont had his arms crossed and a smile plastered on his face. She calmed down knowing it's him, and asked, "Oh, hi Clemont. What are you doing here?" "Well I just wanted to know what you were doing. And sorry if I seem like I'm eavesdropping, but I feel like Ash knows more than we all think he does." Clemont replied.

Serena sighed, head lowered and hands on her knees. Clemont walked up to her and sat beside her. "You know, Ash has been acting strangely these past few days, and I'm sure you have noticed it too. What do you think?" Clemont asked.

Serena heaved a sigh, and held the blue ribbon on her dress, and answered, "Yes I have noticed his weird behaviour lately too. And I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I seriously hope the reason for his actions are for that particular reason. All these years of holding this crush towards him, hopefully I can get achieve something out of it." Serena replied, and continued talking non-stop, "I just love his personality so much, I can't not love him. That determination and confidence that he always has, plus the bond he shares with everyone around him. These are just some of the things I admire about him, and will continue to do so for a long time. I can't stop thinking about him, and I always long for the time when I can finally be with him, because I...I love him." By the time she finished, she was lightly blushing and tears were forming in her eyes.