Chapter 12: Getting harder

*sigh* I'm surprised I managed to do this. This will be my first attempt at writing at full battle scene, so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter more than I had writing this. So without further ado, here is the 2nd part of the Kalos League! Enjoy!

"Well, this is going to be fun."

Ash stared at the screen for his next matchup, a smirk slowly forming on his face. The others noticed this, and turned their heads to see who Ash was going up against. Once Serena looked at the screen, she went wide-eyed, shocked at the revelation.

"Ash, is that... who I think it is?" Serena asked.

Ash only nodded in reply. His opponent was none other than the guy he and Serena battled against in the Master Showcase. Clemont and Bonnie finally came to the realisation, and were surprised by the sheer coincidence of Ash's opponent.

"He will surely want revenge now, won't he?" Ash asked, turning his head towards Serena.

Serena looked back at him, and said with a confident smile, "Yeah, he definitely will. But you will still beat him, no matter what happens."

Not far from the group, the guy, now known as Ryan, stood against a pillar, glaring at Ash. He then walked away, making no noise. In his head, it was clear he wanted revenge against him, and he would do whatever it takes to achieve that.

~~~~~

Ash and Ryan's battle was about to begin, and both trainers stepped onto their respective platforms. Once everything was prepared, a grassy terrain battlefield appeared from below. The referee then announced, "Trainers, bring out your pokemon!"

Ash chuckled. "Noivern, I choose you!" Noivern appeared from its pokeball, and took an attacking stance in front of Ash.

Ryan, on the other hand, didn't say anything. He grunted as he threw his pokeball. A Glaceon appeared, and started growling at Noivern. A frown was still plastered on Ryan's face, but Ash was unfazed.

"Battle begin!"

Ash decided to make the opening move. "Noivern, use Boomburst!"

Noivern flew up, and created a supersonic ring that travelled towards Glaceon at high speeds. However, all it took was for Glaceon to jump aside and dodge it easily. Ryan then made his counter attack.

"Glaceon, Ice Beam!"

Glaceon fired a ray of ice that Noivern was unable to dodge. Part of his wing froze, and sent Noivern flying down to the ground. Ash gritted his teeth, knowing his options were limited now. Ash had to use effective moves against Glaceon if he wanted a chance to win, and he knew what move to use.

"Noivern, Acrobatics!"

Noivern charged towards Glaceon, and slashed at Glaceon's body. Quite a bit of damage was dealt to Glaceon, but Ryan still smirked. Ash was confused at first, but soon realised the situation he was in. Noivern was still regaining his footing, when Glaceon was charging up its attack.

"Glaceon, Ice Shard!"

Glaceon fired a sharp block of ice at Noivern, and sent him flying back towards Ash. It laid motionless on the ground, with swirls in its eyes.

The referee acknowledged it, and announced, "Noivern is unable to battle, Glaceon is the winner!"

Ash returned Noivern to its pokeball, and whispered, "Great job out there Noivern, you did way more than you think you did. Take a good rest."

Ryan shouted to Ash, "Really man, is that all you got? You can't beat me on your own. You need your little girlfriend to help you beat me, but she's not here, isn't she?" Ryan put a sarcastic emphasis on the word "girlfriend", which ticked Ash off a bit. But he seemed unfazed, and let out his next pokemon.