Chapter 15: The final battle!

I'm finally back, baby! Now, it's the moment you've all been waiting for... the Kalos League Finals! The next 2 chapters are a collaboration between me and rjwinner12 (he wrote the draft of the battle, and I modified it), and I hope it's to your liking! Well, without further ado, here is the 1st part of Kalos League finals! Enjoy!

The next morning, the gang had woken up earlier than usual for breakfast before Ash's final battle vs Alain, which took place in a few hours. As they ate, they made small talk amongst themselves. Then, Clemont suddenly pointed out, "Ash, how are you going to approach your battle against Alain? We've only witnessed two of his pokemon, and his Charizard seems virtually impossible to beat."

This made Ash wonder. It was true that Alain had proven to be unbeatable in the league so far, and everyone thought Alain would win the competition and take home the trophy easily. Ash was in deep thought about this for a few seconds, when an idea popped up in his mind.

"Well, since it's come to this, there is only one thing I can try. However, I can only hope and pray that this works. Let's hurry up and get to the stadium." Serena, Clemont and Bonnie were confused about what this plan of Ash's was, but followed through anyway. So, the group quickly finished up their food, and got themselves changed, before setting course back to the Kalos League stadium.

~~~~~

Once the group reached the stadium, Ash walked briskly towards the videophones and rang the Oak Laboratory. Seeing who Ash was calling, a wide smile started forming on Clemont's face.

After a few seconds of ringing, Professor Oak appeared on screen. He noticed Ash, and exclaimed, "Oh hey my boy! How is your journey in Kalos coming along?"

"It's been perfect so far! I've managed to reach the Kalos League finals!"

Professor Oak went wide eyed at what Ash said, and the fact that for once, it was possible for Ash to win a league. Then, like a proud grandfather, he smiled warmly at Ash. "Well, I never expected this to happen. I'm so happy for you. Anyways, who are the people behind you?" Ash turned back, and mentally facepalmed after forgetting to introduce his friends for the second time.

"Oh right, can't believe I forgot again. This is Bonnie and her brother Clemont, a gym leader here in Kalos, and most likely a huge fan of yours." He looked towards Clemont, who was beaming with happiness. "Ash is right, I am your biggest fan! Your work is something I dream of doing!" Ash laughed at Clemont's burst of energy, then continued his introduction.

"This is Serena, she also lives here in Kalos." Then, Serena intertwined her hands with Ash's, and gave him a reassuring nod. He didn't know why it was so difficult and nerve wracking to tell everyone. He took a deep breath and finished, "And umm, Serena is my girlfriend. We are in a relationship now."

Professor Oak's eyes widened once again, but for a different reason. He wouldn't be so surprised if someone he knew got into a relationship, but this was Ash he was talking about, the dense boy who was clueless about romance in the first place. Then, he said, "Well, this is unexpected."

Ash scratched his head, and said, "You might not believe it, but yes." Professor Oak then smiled like a proud grandfather once again, and answered, "Well, congratulations. I'm proud of you." Ash nodded, then Serena walked up to the videophone, and asked Professor Oak, "Umm sir, do you remember me? From the summer camp 7 years ago?"

Professor Oak was surprised at this question, and proceeded to rack his brain, as if remembering an old file from his past. Then, his eyes widened in shock, and he exclaimed, "Oh right! You were the girl in the straw hat whom Ash helped. You guys were so cute together back then."