Chapter 19: Home, sweet Kanto home

Hey guys, so this chapter's about the celebrations in Ash's hometown, of course with the appearance of most of Ash's friends. Also, on a side note, I have to thank all of you guys for helping me get #1 in Amourshipping 2 days ago (I never expected to get the ranking that quickly). Well, without further ado, here is chapter 19! Enjoy!

The plane started to ascend, with Ash and Serena looking out the window. Slowly, the entire Kalos region got smaller and smaller, before disappearing entirely. Ash leaned back against his seat, sighing happily. He looked over at Serena, who was very restless on her seat.

"You sure are excited, aren't you Sere?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? I'm going back to the region and town where I used to live all those years ago, so it would be nice to see the state of the place again. Plus, I'm going with my wonderful boyfriend, so I can't not be excited." Serena gave Ash a blushing smile, causing the latter to giggle.

Throughout the first half of the flight, Ash and Serena decided to watch a movie together on a small TV screen. They watched "Titanic", which caused both of them to cry by the end of the movie. They didn't know it, but the other passengers on the plane stared at the two with smiles on their faces.

Afterwards, Serena was getting a bit tired. She leaned on Ash's shoulder and went into deep sleep. Ash slowly stroked her arm, while giving himself time to think about his whole journey, similar to the time after the Master Class ball.

His journey around Kalos was probably the best journey he's had so far in his life. Every event that he had gone through, the people and pokemon he encountered, everything added up to a wonderful experience for him.

Ash first thought about all of his pokemon. They all had been so loyal to him and became reliant companions that had gone through thick and thin along with him. He was so proud of what probably was his strongest team thus far and was glad that their efforts never went to waste. Ash hoped they could stay as good friends, plus all his older pokemon, for the rest of their lives.

His mind shifted to Clemont and Bonnie. The two of them, in Ash's opinion, allowed his journey to be so much more fun. From their little arguments to Clemont's inventions blowing up almost every time, to Bonnie's constant teasing. Their little moments lightened up the mood of the whole journey and gave them good laughs at appropriate times. Their support also contributed largely towards his league win; he was thankful for them. However, one question still remained in Ash's head: Where did Bonnie get all her knowledge of romance from? He decided to leave that thought for now (or for good).

Finally, Serena. Ever since she became his girlfriend, the amount of confidence and motivation in him had increased immensely. Adding on the support she's been giving him, it fueled something inside him, something that he never knew existed for his past years of journeying. That feeling of doing something for the sake of someone else arose in his heart, and he guessed that's what pushed him beyond his limits during the Kalos League.

Ash then realised Serena's help was not just limited to his performances during battles. Her presence alone has completed his life, to say the least. Sure, having many friends, whether human or pokemon, to accompany him through his journey had made his life more interesting and fun. However, now with Serena around, his life just felt, well, perfect. He found out that Serena was the missing piece to his heart that he had been searching for so long. Ash looked over at Serena, who was sleeping soundly to his side, and smiled. He kissed her on her forehead, before sleeping along with her.

~~~~~

A few hours later, the plane had finally reached Kanto. Ash, Serena and Pikachu gathered all their things and got past immigration, before stepping onto Kanto ground.