Chapter 16: Never giving up till it's over!

Here we go! The second part of the Kalos League finals is underway! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Ash stared worryingly at his opponent and his last pokemon. He couldn't believe he was going up against the unbeaten Charizard and was a bit doubtful whether he could pull off the win. Across the battlefield, Alain had a wide confident smirk on his face that no one had ever seen, and it was beyond intimidating. The look on his face clearly showed that he was enjoying this battle for once and would do anything to get this win.

In the midst of his worries, Ash looked up towards the stands. He saw all his friends and companions, especially Serena, cheering for him. That was his ultimate motivation. "Well, here we go. I can do this." He thought and took out his next pokeball.

"Krookodile! You're up again! Use Dragon Claw!" "Charizard, Flamethrower!"

Both trainers wasted no time shouting their attacks as their pokemon started activating their moves. Charizard opened his mouth and launched a huge blast of fire at the crocodilian pokemon. However, Krookodile saw this coming and dodged in a blink of the eye, as the Flamethrower attack hit the ground and caused a mini explosion. Charizard then could not see where Krookodile was in the smoke and before he knew it, he was struck by a green claw and sent back towards Alain.

"Great job Krookodile, now use Stone Edge!"

Pointed rocks began to form around Krookodile, and they flew straight towards Charizard.

"Charizard, counter with your own Dragon Claw, then use Thunder Punch!"

Green, scaly claws formed on Charizard's arms, as he launched himself towards the incoming rocks. Then, with a few swipes of his dragon claws, he destroyed every rock in his way. Once the rocks were dealt with, electric sparks started to discharge from Charizard's fist, and he punched Krookodile with full force. However, being part-ground type, Krookodile was unfazed.

"Krookodile, you all right?"

The crocodilian turned towards Ash and gave a thumbs-up. Ash smiled and gave his next command.

"Ok then, use Aerial Ace!"

Krookodile then started running towards Charizard at full speed, changing directions every now and then. Alain knew how Krookodile would execute his attack and had already planned his counterattack.

"Ok Charizard, wait for my signal."

Charizard performed an attacking stance, ready to pounce whenever his trainer said so. Once Krookodile was a few feet away from his usual jump area, Alain made his move.

"Now use Blast Burn!"

Charizard's entire body was engulfed in flames and the fire-type dragon punched the ground with full force. A wave of energy was sent into the ground right below Krookodile. That energy then burst upwards in a giant explosion of red-orange flames. Krookodile took the full impact of the attack and was sent flying back in front of Ash. Once the smoke cleared, Krookodile laid motionless on the ground with swirls in his eyes.

"Krookodile is unable to battle! Charizard wins!" 

The crowd cheered as Ash returned Krookodile to his pokeball. "You did great out there. Take a rest now."

"Well, since Charizard is Alain's last pokemon, might as well fight fire with fire." Ash thought. He took another pokeball and threw it onto the battlefield. "Let's go old pal! Charizard, I choose you!"

Charizard appeared on the battlefield, and let out a deafening roar that shook the entire stadium. Alain noticed this and instantly became more excited about his match, but also a bit nervous. The two Charizards stared each other down, the tension palpable.