38. Prajakta's Brother

ابدأ من البداية

"So? is that... is that enough?"

He asked while catching his breath and laughing all together and that was when she realized her mission to cheer him up for the day succeeded and that's what is giving her satisfaction. Gosh, she can't even imagine how happy she is feeling.

"... Prajakta?"

And she came out of her trance right away and her eyes widened as she didn't plan anything more than this.

"Umm... what do you think? Up for a game?"

Giving it a thought he gave a small nod and they went off to the next metro station. They got down at Dilli haat and started to wander around for fun. While in the hospital, when the chaos of searching for Danishk died down, everyone camped in the room where he was admitted.

"Ugh! Dan is such a nuisance! Why does he have to escape the room and be a pain in our a**? My whole weekend is ruined... ugh!"

Manali was ranting with stomping her feet while Ishaan ignored her and went on staring at his laptop.

"Once I will get my hands on him, I will not leave him at all!"

Mariyam retorts in frustration and Nikhat rolled her eyes and left the room saying that she needs to go back to her work. Ishaan, on the other hand, nudged Aakash who was on his other side and as Aaksh turned towards the laptop Ishaan pointed out a green blinking light on the map and he whispered 'found him'.

"Great, just keep an eye and tell this to no one. Let him be for today and we will deal with him tomorrow, together. You got me?"

As he informed Ishaan, he opened his mouth to protest but Aakash silenced him. It's good that Ishaan has already installed a back door on everyone's phone hence he could access their phone's activity since Danishk's parents' demise. Hence even if the phone is out of network range or someone else is misusing the phone than the owner is. So the best solution is a back door. And that is how he found Danishk's location... thankfully Prajakta took both of their phones and kept them in her bag. He did notice those two hatching plans to escape and decided not to get alarmed and let them go but he should have a conversation with Danishk regarding that girl and the dangers she would bring along with her. Hopefully, he will take it the right way and understands the situation.

"That stupid place was literally good for nothing... just colorful stupid stuff and stupid people buying those."

A laugh escaped Prajakta as he uttered those words. She took out that key chain that she bought and those chunky earrings when he was far away from the stalls she was purchasing from.

"Guess I am stupid too right?"

She asked while showing off the articles which she had bought to him and Danishk shut his mouth and followed her silently as he felt a bit ashamed that he was indirectly judging her and trashing her. And when they reached inside and got their tickets, Prajakta abruptly ran after saying 'catch me if you can' to Danishk and he stood baffled at her stupidity yet again. Ugh! This girl would be really the death of him he started to chase her and as the wind started sweeping off their faces laughter echoed and adrenaline rushed through them and their running didn't stop there as they were chasing each other. Finally, Danishk grabbed her arm, pulled her towards him, and turned her around while grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Caught you!"

And they just were an inch apart while their rapid breathing was fanning each other's faces while their smiles were widening each second. And as the train started they broke out of their trance and awkwardly looked away. Once they reached their destination, Prajakta and Danishk made their way to a club near their place. Once in there, they started to play tic tac toe on tissue paper randomly and the one loses has to perform a dare which the winner asks to do as usual. Prajakta had to flirt with the waiter while Danishk had to buy a drink for some elder lady, then one had to kiss the same sex while the other had to sing a song while stuffing fries in their mouth.

"Yes... finally, after five f*cking rounds of losing, I won! Now, young lady you are going to pay the price. Go to that table..."

Prajakta rolled her eyes and turned toward the table which had two males in their late twenties having a conversation that seemed serious business-like, he pointed towards one of them.

"... and ask him to get you weed."

Her eyes widened and smacked his shoulder.

"The hell you are asking me to do! I am not going ask weed!"

"Oh yeah? What about the time you made me eat prawns and swallow raw egg?"

And that did shut her up but it didn't stop her from giggling as she remembered the face he made as he gobbled up those prawns and swallowed the eggs.

"Come on, stop giggling and just do it!"

And she had to stop so she rolled her eyes and opened her hair and pulled the hair tie onto her wrist. Dishelving her hair she strode towards the table he mentioned while acting like she was balancing herself. As she reached that table she was asked to go, she leaned in and rested her hands over the table.

"Where is wee..."

As she started to talk, she went speechless and her eyes widened as she slowly backed away.

"Prajakta what the hell are you doing here?"

Ankit Sharma, Prajakta's brother was staring at her in bewilderment. She was supposed to be in that house that he and his wife left in Darjeeling and wait for the news of her death but here she is in a random bar walking around as if nothing happened. Karan dragged his sister outside roughly and Danishk who was being the spectator, followed them along as he got alarmed with their activity.

"What is wrong with you Praj-"

As he held her shoulders and shook her, Prajakta was enraged and she shrugged his hands off only to slap him squarely.

"Get off me mister... mister Ankit Sharma. You are a stranger to me... remember the last conversation we had? You can't take... take my responsibility and have a burden on your shoulders when your family... is... is growing right?"

Tears welled up in her eyes as she staggered back while it was her brother's turn to become speechless.

"As we decided before, let's part ways and never meet each other again."

She brushed past her brother and made her way toward Danishk and simply grabbing his arm she left the premises of that bar.

******************************************************

A/N:

So you know what kind of brother she had and why she was so desperate for the job