~chapter 36~

Gus' pov:

When they got to the shack, they saw a very tired, yet excited looking Luz standing in the room.

When she noticed them she turned around and ran to hug Amity.

"Guys! I think I figured out how to make it work!!" She screamed, facing towards the rest of the group.

"Wait... really?" Gus asked in astoundment. "Yes really!!" Luz said, picking up Amity and spinning in circles. The two of them laughed as Luz set her down.

This means... I'll get to see Matt soon!

Soon, everyone realized what that meant and started crying tears of happiness. They were finally going home!

Then, Willow asked, "Wait... what does that mean for you Luz? What are you going to do?"

Trying to assure everyone woth a fake confidant smile, Luz replied with, "Don't worry about me, I'll figure it out"

~Time skip to the next month bc I'm lazy~

They all headed out to the shack again.

It was around 7, but they decided to get a head start.

As they walled up the steps, Gus felt a small chill down his spine. The first night at the shack still haunts him.

What if we won't be able to get home? No. Stop it Gus. Stop being stupid. We have to get home. We have to...

He clenches his hands into small fists to keep himself calm and not totally lose it if he gets too overwhelmed.

As usual, they all got behind their protective shields as Luz made the glyphs to turn on the portal. Gus felt himself get dizzy but brushed it off as just excitement.

"Holy crap..." Luz said in amazement, backing away from the portal. "What is it- oh my... it worked!?" Amity exclaimed, peaking out from behind her shield.

Gus would have bolted to the door had it not been for his crazy dizziness. But as he moved toward it Luz blocked him with her arm.

"No Gus, just because we can see into it doesn't mean we'll be able to cross over."
"Oh, sorry."
"Hey, no sorry's, only fun."

With that being said, she smiled and turned around, looking for something to toss through the portal. Quickly she decided on a pencil and tossed it through.

Surprisingly, it went through no problems!

"Oh my Titan...." Gus murmured in amazement.

Oh my Titan, I'll finally see Matt. I'll finally see him!

Gus clenched his fists harder, trying to calm himself down. But he stopped caring right now. He was just so happy. He ran over to Luz and hugged her, crying. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you" he kept saying that over and over and over.

She just smiled and hugged him back.

The next day, during dinner, Luz decided to bring it up with her mom. You could tell the tension was high even before anyone sat down. The other 5 teens knew what Luz was going to tell her mom, and didnt know how shed react.

"Hey mama? Can we talk?" She said anxiously.

"Of course"
"Ok... can we talk in the other room?"

The two of them left the table. None of them said a word after Luz and Camila left. They sat there in deafening silence, waiting for them to come back.

The tension was so thick that if you tried to swim in it, it would be about as useful as trying to swim through Jello. They all sat there, each one holding their breath, only breathing when they really needed to.