Escape and Recover

⚠️CW: Mild graphic descriptions⚠️
———————————————————

Walking out of the closet, Trish saw your bloody form on the floor, your head and arms bleeding out.

Your forearms were almost destroyed, large holes were dug into them. Your body was sickly pale, blood leaking from your revealed skull.

Crouching beside your body, she tilted your head towards her, seeing your closed eyes as you lay motionless.

"Thank you, for giving me time" Trish whispered, sitting down on the chair beside you, "Giorno's life essence lives on, so you'll be okay".

Seeing the light rise and fall of your chest, she let her eyes close in relief.

From the cockpit, Bruno opened the door, only for his eyes to widen at the sight before him.

"Oh, Bucciarati," Trish said, looking up at the man, "Everyone's going to be okay, Giorno put his life force into this brooch," she said.

"Trish, walk to me slowly," Bruno said, trying to remain calm.

"Huh? Why?" Trish asked, cold sweat running down her back as she swallowed.

"Don't waste any time, just walk to me, slow and deliberate" Bruno said, remaining as still as a rock.

Hesitantly, Trish turned her head around, only to see Notorious Big engulfing the back of the plane, munching on the seats.

"But how? I killed it!" Trish said alarmed, looking at the growing stand as it let out a gruesome moan.

"Come on Trish! Come to me, now!" Bruno said, Trish turning around to look down at your knocked-out body, then looking at Bruno.

With newfound resilience, Trish swooped down and picked you up, holding you against her torso as she ran as fast as she could.

"Trish, what are you doing?! I said walk, not run!" Bruno yelled as Abbacchio up front said how much the plane was descending.

"I know you did!" Trish replied, huffing as Notorious Big got close to her boot, it slipping off her foot as the stand latched onto it. "But even if I walked it would kill me!".

Slamming into the cockpit, Trish haphazardly dropped your upper body on the floor, then slammed the door shut as Notorious Big slammed into the elasticised door.

"How the hell?!" Abbacchio asked, looking at the door.

On the floor, you woke up from the fall, blearily looking around. From what you could gauge in your blurred state, you were in the way.

Weakly, you dragged your body along the floor, aiming for your legs, which were propped up against the wall beside the tortoise. After shuffling over as the floor turned elasticised, you dropped your legs through the tortoise's key, then you shuffled your body over it, getting sucked in.

As your body fell to the ground, you got knocked out again from hitting your head on the floor.

Back up in the real world, Abbacchio grabbed the tortoise and held it close as the nose of the plane turned into a parachute.

"Everyone will be alright," Trish said, hanging on to Giorno's brooch, "A falling plane is faster than a falling parachute".

"Exactly," Bruno said, a proud smile on his face, "And this means we have a bit of time to recover".

———————————————————

Opening your eyes, you heard distant conversation continue as you stared up at the ceiling. From where you lay, you noticed you were on a red sofa. Tilting your head to the side, you saw a coffee table resting on a green carpet, various drinks splayed around on the wooden surface.

Behind the table and sat on an armchair was Narancia, who looked over at Mista, who stood beside his chair. Abbacchio sat on the second armchair, listening to music with his headphones on.

On the curved sofa, Giorno sat cupping his mug as he sipped a hot liquid, the steam curving around his face. Bruno sat beside him, listening in to Narancia and Mista's banter. Beside Bruno was Trish, who sat a seat away as she held her legs to her chest.

Feeling your arm twitch, you moved it over your body, letting your weight fall to the side as your body turned to the others.

Trish, seeing you were awake, slightly smiled at you, before averting her eyes elsewhere.

Noticing you were awake too, Giorno stood up and sat by your legs, looking over your body for any missed injuries.

Because of his movements, chatter had quietened down, Narancia and Mista looking at you as well as Bruno. Abbacchio didn't care, so he kept tapping his foot to his music.

"Hey, you were completely useless!" Narancia said, pointing over at your tired form. "You're just dead weight! Trish said she had to carry you to the cockpit because you were half dead!".

"Did you purposely blank out when I said she defended me with her life?" Trish piped up, looking over at Narancia, "I saw her sacrifice her body for me. And her stand stayed by my side, despite her being out of commission".

As she looked over at you, you could see the change in her eyes. "What's your name anyway? We never got it" Trish asked.

"Y/n" you grunted out, pushing your arms under yourself. Feeling a gash in your stomach, you winced and placed a hand there.

"Oh? You have injuries under your clothes?" Giorno asked, grabbing an empty can of cola. "I can fix that for you, if you don't mind lifting your shirt".

"Sure" you mumbled, grabbing the bottom of your shirt and lifting it till it hit the wire of your bra.

"Holy crap you're ripped!" Mista said, pointing towards your chiselled abs, "Aren't you an old lady or something?".

"I'm only thirty-four," you said, wincing as Giorno made the can into your flesh. Before you continued, you swore you heard someone mumble, "Only...".

"Besides, I was a part of Passione. I had people to kill, and I feel wrong killing non-stand users with my stand, so I resorted to killing them the old-fashioned way" you said, gaining a curious look from Bruno.

"What changed? Why aren't you in Passione anymore?" He asked as you pulled your shirt down, now sitting up straight.

"I only joined out of desperation," you said, only increasing curiosity, "I was never interested in killing people or gambling, though I did like blackjack. I only stayed so I could fulfil my mission from the inside. However, in recent days, I had to give up my position as an assassin, just so I could help you lot".

"An assassin..." Giorno mumbled to himself, "Were you a part of la Squadra Esecuzioni?" he asked, turning to look at you.

"I was," you said, "But after my hiatus for two months, I handed in my notice to be a lone assassin, only teaming with myself. This is also how I could continue my mission without suspicion".

"Well, sorry to let you know, but they're all dead" Giorno said, rather apathetically.

Squinting, you looked at him seriously, "Did you come across a man called Risotto Nero?" You asked, seeing him shake his head.

"Hm, good," you said, leaving it at that as you stood and grabbed yourself a can of cola, leaving Giorno curious.