maroon

"Mommy? What are we doing here? You said we're going for my favorite burger?" the little one with pretty doe eyes look up to me with curiousity in her eyes.

"We're going to enjoy the scenery for awhile in here, Mommy have a surprise for you, little bun." the corner of her lips lifted up a little, revealing her cute small dimples and her bunny teeth, as if trying to tell me who her-

"Daddy? Will we meet daddy today?" the smile I held earlier faded instantly, realizing how much she missed her father. "Your lips are so pretty tonight, Mommy. Just like the color of the sky over there, look.. so red." She touched my lips with her point fingers softly then turn to face the evening sky as her soft giggles filling my ears, welcoming my smile once again.

"It's maroon, little bun." A deep familiar voice interrupt us and there he was. The love of my life.

"Daddy!!!" Before I manage to say anything, he lift her up from my lap and caresses her fluffy cheeks as she keep giggling meanwhile her daddy spinning around with the same giggles and bunny smile plastered on his face. What a pleasant view.

"Look who talk about burgers now sleeping soundly in your embrace, I'm jealous." I giggle, pulling her jacket even more closer so she won't feel cold, our little bunny finally fall asleep in her daddy's warm embrace.

"She loves burgers but she loves her daddy more." He chuckles, looking down at his little one with heart eyes.

"Yeah, she misses you so much."

"I know but how about you?"

"Me?"

"Don't you miss me?" He grins, revealing his bunny teeth and pretty dimples, just like our daughter. I scoff playfully at him before left a peck on his cheeks.

"Miss you? I don't even have time for that, you never leave my mind at all, Kook. How could you when everytime I look at our little bunny, I can see you in her, she's an exact copy of yours, just look at her." His grin grew wider at my confession and the familiar scarlet blush visible on his cheeks, just like good old days.

"What are you two talking about before I came, I'm also jealous at her because she got more time to spend with you." Here goes his sulking pout.

"She's your daughter why would y-"

"Ours, princess. She's our baby." He leans in closer and I witness how his gaze travel downwards from my eyes, I wear his favorite color shades afterall.

"I told her that the sky and my lipstick shades was maroon." I whisper, softly but I know he heard it all.

"Do you remember? In your old apartment, when the morning came we were cleaning incense off your vinyl shelf because we lost track of time again, laughing with my feet in your lap, like you were my closest friend? I see you every day now." I lean my head on his shoulder as he run his fingers through my locks, humming sweetly.

"Of course, and that was the night. The burgundy on my t-shirt when you splashed your wine into me and how the blood rushed into my cheeks, so scarlet, it was-"

"Maroon." I cut him off and steal a peck from his scarlet lips.

"And I chose you, the one I was dancing with in New York, no shoes. Looked up at the sky and it was maroon." He grins before leaning in for a longer kiss.

Tons of memories flashing in my mind. The first kiss, first fight, first tears and all the ups and downs. I remember how loud our love was, but then when the silence came, we were shaking blind and hazy. Yet we still feel each other no matter what. We made it. Our love that burns bright even in the dark night.

"This. The lips I used to call home, so scarlet, so beautiful. I love you." and he landed another long peck on my lips as we stare at each other under the maroon evening sky.