Chapter 18

Illumi quickly said he was joking and won the match, next was between Borodo and Leorio. Yuki noticed how Killua's eyes looked, she firmly held his shoulder but he shook it off and killed borodo, making him disqualified and Leorio passing the exam.

Yuki looked at him with a calculative gaze, she let him walk out the room, the exam was finally over and everyone else proceeded to another room for the orientation. Yuki excused herself when she received a call from the union.

Phone Conversation:

Yuki: hello?

Smith:Yuki, have you finished the exam yet?

Yuki:Currently, were having the orientation. I passed and should be getting my license.

Smith:I see, congratulations. Anyway, your next mission is on september first, the world's largest auction…since it's still far away, you can do what you want for the meantime…till further notice.

Yuki:Understood sir.

Smith:Good, see you soon kid. Keep out of trouble.

Call ended.

Yuki, went inside the room just in time to see Gon break Illumi's arm. Netero handed Yuki her license, "Guess, I don't have to explain what this license let's you do." 

"No need, I was already informed about it beforehand."

"I see, well it doesn't seem like your on a mission after this. Although once it starts, I heard you'll hardly get a break." Netero said laughing at the end. "Can't deny that one." Yuki said with a small smile.

"Yuki, where going to go get Killua back, wanna tag along?" Gon asked Yuki. Yuki saw his determined eyes and seeing as she doesn't have anything to do just yet, she agreed.

"Sure, do you know where though?" Gon stood there with a blank face. Yuki sighed as she glanced at Illumi who was beside Hisoka. 

"Should we ask?" Yuki said looking at the two adults, Gon didn't say anything and went to ask Illumi, Yuki sighed.

Kurapika tapped her on the shoulder and Yuki turned to him. "I guess, we can talk while we wait…follow me." Yuki led Kurapika a good distance away from Leorio and the rest.

"So…what did you want to tell me?"Kurapika asked with curious eyes, Yuki took out her phone and went to the gallery. "Kurapika, your from the kurta clan yes? Scarlet eyes, and all…" Kurapika stared at her with a confused face.

"If you found out one of your brethen survuved the massacare, what would you'd you do? Will you still chase the spiders? Or protect that person?" Yuki asked, looking at him with her strange blue eyes.

"What kind of question are those? Look I-"

"A friend of mine found another kurta…his currently in a coma like-state but alive…here, confirm whether or not is he one of yours." Yuki said handing her phone to him.

Yuki left out valuable pieces of information. Such as the fact, how Noir found the kurta clan wasn't a mere coincidence but rather on purpose.

Dr. Zed was interested in the kurta's so called special eyes. Although, in his worlds, the eyes were indeed beautiful, if that was there only value then he didn't need them.

Yuki also left put the detail, that the Union were closely observing the kurta clan. For research purposes, that even she was not exactly knowledgable about.

Once Yuki found out the chairman, had little interest to experimenting on the kurta, and opted to have them as pawns, she figured it'd be best to put a leash on Kurapika.

Although, she meant no harm. She has orders to obey. And the words of her superiors rang louder than her own opinion on this matter.

His eyes glowed scarlet at the sight of the picture, it was a photo of a unconcious old friend of his. Attached to monitors in what seemed to be a hospital room.

He glanced at Yuki's expression, although stoic, her eyes seem to be saying something else. His body shook as he stared at the photo, a member of his clan survived. 

Tears flowed down his face, Yuki who saw this comforted him with a hug. Rubbing his back as he cried, it didn't last long when Gon called out to them. 

Yuki offered her handkerchief to the kurta, and patted his back. "Well talk later, about his condition." She said, to which he nodded. 

She couldn't risk having anyone with  a decent hacking skill to locate the Union's head quarters. That would cause a huge headache not just for her but everyone in Union.

They were currently on a bus on the way to the kukuro mountain, Yuki and Kurapika sat together on the bus. No words were exchanged between them, Kurapika wanted to ask about his brethen but Yuki made it clear they'd talk later. 

Once the bus arrived on the foot of mountain, they walked out the bus and headed to the front of a huge metal gate. Seven to be exact. 

Yuki watched as a group of idiots tried entering through the locked gate, only for screams to be heard along a gigantic furry hand that tossed the bones out the gate.

Must be their hellhound...I still question why the chairman allowed one to be sent here though...Yuki thought.

A old man, came to clean after the beast scolding it a bit before Gon and the rest walked near him. Gon explained about them being friends with Killua, the gate keeper who turns out to be just a janitor that cleans up after of the beast, told them the actual gate wasn't locked or anything.

Yuki watched Leorio try and pushing the first gate, although it was painfully unsucessful. Leorio begun complaining about the gate keeper lying only to be proven wrong when the gate keeper opened the first door.