Chapter 7

Deciding she couldn't say in defensive for the whole test, she decided to fight back. Rolling to the side, and jumping back on her feet.

She punched the stone golem's leg which created a crack.

The golem got mad and attempted to attack her yet again, she dodged before punching it again this time with even more force. The leg had a huge crack on it, she kept attacking dodging and punching till the golem was crushed into debris.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she held her knees before proceeding to walk into a different direction yet again.

After beating the stone golem, she decided to continue finding other monsters to fight. Once she did, she fought and killed it. Over and over this cycle repeated till she was called back to the facility after one whole year.

At age six, Yuki proved to be formidable than the monsters in a 50 mile raidus. When she came back, Rye greeted her wirh a hug. He was worried the first day, but got over it when he saw how Yuki was doing after a few tries.

"Thank goodnes you're okay." He muttered still hugging the younger girl. A cough, interupted the two, turning to the side it was the chairman with a grin.

Rye stood in front of Yuki protectively."No need to be so hostile child, to think you'd bare your fangs against me and act like a lost puppy with her….how amusing."he mused.

"You have one month for rest before you go deeper into the forest. Have fun you two…" the chairman announced before walking out the room, leaving the two kids.

True to his word, after one month Yuki was sent deeper into the forest, this cycle reapeated till she turned twelve years old. She came back with longer hair and duller expression.

Clap! Clap! Clap!

She turned to the side and saw the chairman clapping with his usual grin.

"Well done, you survived yet another round of the test. You should head to the cafeteria now, my grandson is waiting for you." He said before leaving.

Yuki walked down the familliar hallways before entering the cafeteria, Rye was sitting in there usual spot with a chocolate cake with strawberries on top of it.

He turned his head and saw her, quickly standing up and hugging her.
Yuki hugged back, "Welcome back! Also, belated happy birthday Yu!"he said with a unsually bright smile.

Yuki smiled back before both sat dpwn and enjoyed the cake. "Your hair is longer now, don't you want to cut it or something?"Rye asked twirling a strand of her hair in his finger.

"I'll probably have it cut, what do you think?" Yuki asked, Rye smiled softly before answering. "Try tying it in a braid, dutch braids would look nice."he said.

"Yuki, have you ever figured out what that weird power of yours is yet?"

"No…do you know what it is?"

"It's Nen. Your nen feels limitless and violent, most of the techniques you've used so far are all from instincts…"

Yuki nodded remembering the few techniques she learned through attacking those monsters.

"Seeing as your my beloved little sister, I'll teach you all I know about nen." Yuki nodded, feeling excited about being called little sister.

"Sir, are you sure about this? Rye wouldn't react well with this." Smith said, he knew how obssesive Rye grew towards Yuki. He turned into a sis-con, why? He doesn't know nor does he dare ask.

"Do not question my decision so much, plus my grandson is far to attached with her. He needs to lessen that obession of his, it'll become toxic for the both of them." The chairman said.

Rye was a very distant child, who lacked empathy. He grew up with his grandfather when his parents died, Rye participated in the program to grow stronger not to be a test subject.

The chairman was suprised when he grew attached to a child, who he claims to be his little sister. He doesn't know what goes on his grandchild's head, so this action stunned him.

Much more when he became docile in front of her, like a lost pup. What did Yuki do? He doesn't know, maybe Rye just spent to much time with her and naturally grew closer.

He didn't try to stop it, since he wanted Rye to experience normal emotions aswell. To have friends, even just one as long as their genuine.

To be more human.

"If Rye wants to come along then let him, just let him to prioritize his task."the chairman said dismissing Smith, who sighed.

Yuki and Rye were sent to complete different missions outside of the dark continent, usually accompanied by Smith or James. This went on for a few years till three years passed.