Chapter 8

Yuki was now a beautiful fiftheen year old, her long silver hair was tied in two dutch braids, her strange blue eyes that resembled jewels were hidden under her sun glasses, wearing a black crop top shirt and high waisted white pants along with black combat boots. 

She was currently at Whale island to proceed to take the hunter exam. Rye took the exam last year when he was fifteen, and gave her tips here and there. 

Leaning at the railings of the ship, she wore a stoic face as she glanced at the examinees. Their all weak little flies compared to her. Seeing as they weren't going to be a problem, she crossed her arms and just waited for the exam to start.

A boy in green caught her eye just for a moment, she noticed his untapped core that resembled a calm valley. 

She listened to the boy and the captain's conversation, before heading inside as the storm arrived. She leaned back on the wall, unfazed bt the storm, after all she went through worst.

Noticing a blonde teenager and a old man, nothing else was noticiable for her. They all have unique cores but in terms of size they were not as big as the little boy from earlier. 

After a while, the captain called all four of them to another room. He begun questioning them about their names. The kid in green was Gon, the blonde was Kurapika and the old man was Leorio, everyone turned their heads towards her as she tilted her head to the side.

"Yuki." 

Next the captain asked why they wanted to be a hunter. Gon replied by wanting to find his dad, Yuki raised a brow at this but ignored it afterwards. Seeing as the other two didn't want to answer she did.

"I'm planning on being a hunter for a mission." The captain nodded, "Woah, really?! What kind of mission?" Gon asked excitedly.

"Can't say, I'll get scolded." She said, Gon nodded and Yuki gazed far into the sea, where she noticed a water spout approaching.

Tuning out the conversation, she heard the two other examinees walk out the room to fight. Crossing her arms, she glanced between Gon and the captain who were talking.

"I'll pay attention to the upcoming water spout, if I were you." This drew the attention of everyone else as they glanced at the direction she was pointing at, indeed there was a water spout heading there way.

Gon, vollunteered to help and Yuki followed suite. She had nothing else better to do anyway, and plus she needs this ship to take her to the hunter's exam.

She helped pull the rope, putting minimal effort as to not gain suspicion. "Katzo!" Turning to her side she saw the sailor flying towards the sea. If that wasn't enough to suprise her, Gon followed suite grabbing on the sailor's ankles, but was pulled to the sea aswell.

Kurapika and Leorio caught each of Gon's ankle and attempted to pull him up when they too slipped and was about to fall off, thankfully Yuki grabbed each of their legs and pulled them back up to the ship. 

The four boys slammed on the ground a bit hard but atleast they were'nt shark food. Yuki offered a hand to help them stand up on their feet before sighing and walking away from the four.

She honestly thought they were reckless to do such thing. What if she wasn't there to see them fall, they would be drowning or have been eaten by sharks already.

"Um, Yuki!" Glancing back, she saw Gon approach her with a smile. "Thanks for saving us!" Gon beamed, Yuki decided to just pat the boy on the head muttering "your welcome."

"Ms. Yuki, thank you for saving, we would have been shark food by now if you didn't catch us." Kurapika said with a bow, Leorio thanked her aswell as Katzo.

"Don't be too reckless next time."she said before turning her attention back at the laughing captain. After the captain told them they passed, it was just a matter of time before they arrived at the port.

Yuki, stood beside Gon who was conversing with the captain. "And you, if I remember correctly, your older brother took the hunter exam last year correct. He mentioned about you taking it afterwards." Yuki's eyes widen for a moment before she returned to her stoic facade and nodded.

Following after Gon, she received a ping from her phone. Fishing it out to see what it was about, a message popped up.

From Rye:

"Yu, the chairman said we'll go meet at yorknew city after your exam. Goodluck :)" 

To Rye:

"Ok, will be there. Thanks Rye nii-chan."

After texting her older brother, she followed Gon to the ceadar tree with Kurapika trailing a few seconds afterwards and then Leorio with a lame excuse.

Yuki, felt a presence nearby but ignored it when she deemed it as not dangerous. Once the four reached the small town, Yuki could hear people hiding around. Waiting patiently, a group of masked people soon showed up with a granny. 

Yuki glanced behind and saw the man hiding behind the building. Soon, the man stepped forward wanting to answer the quiz first. She didn't bother stopping him since she was sure he'd kill himself on his own just fine.

After the granny told him to take a path, it was their turn to answer the ridiculus question. What a lame question, the answer is silence. Yuki thought to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest.

After the countdown, Leorio was about to hit the old lady when Kurapika stopped him and explained, they then proceeded to the correct path. Yuki walked besides Gon and tuned out Leorio's complaining.