Chapter 40

"NO!"

Zai crashed onto the floor pulling Jamarni down with her.
Rey shot the man in the balaclava while Elijah and Kalin ran down the other man who was shooting with them.

"No no" Zai sat up and hovered over Renata who had a bullet straight to her head. "NO!" She screamed and cried hard. "WHY, IT WAS MEANT FOR ME WHY DID YOU DO THAT" she crashed into her while watching the life fade away from her eyes.

Bullets were still flying as Zaijah held Renata's lifeless body, she looked in front of her to see the twin's with worried expressions on their face. Zai closed her eyes for a moment before continuing to cry.

Rey sent several bullets to the man with the balaclava before making sure everywhere was clear. His body dropped down the the floor and he wiggled as he bleed out. When he came back be took off the bally to reveal Wop.

"My daughter" Alison cried beside the boy. "How will I cope" her tears fell.

He shook his head and bit down on his lip hard before kicking his head. He walked over to see Zai crying over Renata's lifeless body.

"It was Wop" he told her and hugged her as she cried. Everyone came over and the twins cried over the loss of their mother.

"She's gone Rey" Zai's words came out as a whisper.

"I thought this only happened in games and movies" Jamarni had glossy eyes as witnessed his first death, he stared at the blood not blinking once.

Everyone was either in shock or crying, Eli had his back to everyone, he glanced at Renata once and didn't look at her again. He rolled his blunt and smoked it while staring at the brown fence.

"Mama wake up" Loyal cried as he shook her shoulder.
"She's sleep" Lemaiya shut her eyes tight trying not to cry but then she started hyperventilating.

Rey stood up then ran his hands over his face. He was never close with Renata but it still affected him cause he considered her family.
"Dada" Gino tugged at his pants and looked up him through glossy eyes. "Why is aunty Nata red" his lips quivered.

"Because she's gone forever" he picked Gino up and comforted him.

"But she was going to bring me, JJ and sissy to have a sleepover with Loyal and Maiya tomorrow"
Rey sighed then dragged Jamarni away from the body.

"Aye ole man, I can walk" Jamarni said as he was dragged along.

Kal walked over to Rey "We can't call the cops or we all going back to Jail"

"Jail?" Jamarni's eyes went wide then he clinged onto his father.

"I'm not going to jail lil man" he turned to Kal "We doing the usual, Renata gon' need a official death document so i'll get Donna do do that" 

Rey, Kal & Eli was used to seeing people dying that's why they haven't shed a tear because they've already used them all up. Growing up in the hood wasn't easy and even when your out, you're still a target.

"Eli's shut down and I need help carrying the bodies" he cleared his throat.

"Jamarni, watch your lil brother and sister and go over to uncle Ash"

He nodded slowly before taking Gino's hand and walking away.

Rey and Kal picked up Wop's body and put him in the hellcat trunk before getting the other guy's one and shoving them in there. They drove to Tblock and burned them behind the block before tossing them in dumpster.

They went to Kal's crib to change their clothes and burn their old ones.

"Mane I really liked that Nike top" Kal said as they stood there and watched the fire.