Chapter 23

3 weeks later...
I've been avoiding contact with Rey and I even moved out of my apartment to a luxurious one around 20 mins away from my old one. I didn't want to be around him at all. And with him showing up to my crib 3 weeks ago, I decided it was time to move. I've been keeping myself occupied by giving some of the girls days off and doing their client's appointments. He called me a few nights ago and texted me about coming to my next doctors appointment but I blocked his number. I don't mean to keep him away from our baby but I'm still trying to heal from the damage he caused.

I decided to get my lick back. I bought a few items and flowers and a card and took a picture and posted it on my instagram story.

 I bought a few items and flowers and a card and took a picture and posted it on my instagram story

I let out a breath and relaxed comfortably. 10 minutes later my instagram inbox was full. Messages from Eli, Liah, Kal and Aiden. I ignored them and threw my phone on the bed.

I have taken those 3 weeks to get myself back on track. I've retrieved all my photos and contacts from my iCloud so i've been talking to aunt Alison and updating mama Cynthia on what happened between me and her son. She congratulated me on the pregnancy and told me she supports me with whatever decision I make and that she's disappointed in Rey. My bump is now visible and the doctor said i'm doing very well, he asked if I would like to know the gender and I said no. It didn't feel right to find out without the father.

Today is Kalin's 22nd birthday party and he invited me. I wasn't going to go but I decided to put my pride aside and be there to celebrate with him. I wore high waisted cargo shorts with a orange tube top, brown and white jordan 1s and carried a louis vitton bag. Renata was picking me up incase I was too tired to drive back home.

We arrived at the well decorated hall. I greeted a few people before heading over to the buffet. I got a plate and took my share.
"3 wings for me and 2 for the baby" I spoke to myself while adding wings to my plate.
"You better be adding some salad to that" A familiar voice called out from behind me.
I froze in my tracks.
"C'mere"

I turned around and it was Rey. I walked over to him very slowly and I saw the irritation appearing on his face. I finally reached over to where he was and he took my plate and held my hand then led me outside. We sat at an empty table and he passed me my plate.
"Can I eat before we talk? I don't want to be put off my food"
"Gon head" he leaned back and licked his lips staring at me.

He knows what he's doing staring at me like that.

I finished eating and went to wash my hands and came back.
"Speak." I told him and he rubbed his chin.
"Wen' you gon' stop playing wimme Zaijah?" He crossed his arms and I scoffed.
"I'm not playing with you Rey"
"I know you well enough and you damn well ain't moved on. What you posted on instagram sholl isn't real. Prolly bought that shit yo self" he huffed.

"You think you got me all figured out huh?" I smiled. "Well you don't Rey"
"I know that you moved out of your apartment to avoid any interaction with me. You've been running from me. I know that you're still mad at me for what i've done. And I certainly know that you bought them flowers. Don't forget I can read you like an open book Zaijah" he squinted his eyes.

I rolled my eyes.
"I'm toxic baby, I'm toxic with you because I just can't let you go. And I ain't gon cap you got a nigga wrapped around yo finger." He chuckled slightly. "I miss you for real, I ain't never meant to make you feel insecure or hurt you. Tell me you didn't miss me and your fully done." He looked at me and I broke eye contact and kept silent and he nodded. "So why do you fighting your feelings Zai?"

"Because I don't want you to hurt me again." I bit the inside of my cheek. He sighed. "I won't allow myself to be cheated on again"
He looked around.

"Aight. I get that, you don't trust me." He got up and sat next me to me and wrapped a hand around my stomach with his hand on my stomach. I froze at his touch, I missed him being around.

"But we are raising this baby together, and Ion wanna miss out on your pregnancy ma. I love you and you know that. Give me another chance. If I ever break your heart again you can kill me and I mean that."

He's saying that shit knowing damn well I ain't gon do that.

He started to rub my stomach. "You cold like you anemic or sum"
"I'm not cold"
He took off his jacket and put it on me.
He put his finger under my chin and locked eyes with me.

"A nigga was suffering out here seeing you posting them quotes. Your sexually frustrated huh?" He teased. I rolled my eyes hard.

"Let me fix that" he kissed me and kissed back.
I stopped the kiss by pushing him away.

"You ain't off the hook Kiron" I side eyed him.
He chuckled.

                                       ***

The rest of the night went smoothly.
Body by Megan thee stallion was playing. Everyone was vibing to the music and having fun. Liah was twerking on Kalin, Zai and Renata was talking with Dell and Lyon. Eli was making out with one of his side hoes and Rey was outside smoking, talking to some of his homies.

After sometime Rey went to sit down and pulled out  his phone, a few girls went up to him but he rejected them. Zai walked over to him and sat on his lap and laid her head in the crook of his neck and fell asleep.

"Imma clock out" he dapped up Kal making sure not to wake Zai.
"Aight"

He carried Zaijah in his arms at put her in the passenger seat. She was deep asleep and he laughed at her little snores.
"Shit." "Looks like we going to my place cause ion know where you live." He shrugged and turned the car on.

He laid her in his bed and took off her shoes. He took the makeup wipes that she left in his bathroom drawer and removed the makeup on her face. He took her shorts off and threw the blanket on top of her. He didn't know how she'd react when she woke up so he slept on the couch.

=================================

What are you thoughts?

*