𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

dragon princess

storybrooke, maine

storybrooke, maine

– WELL, THE DREADED VIOLET CLOUD WAS APPARENTLY NOT AS TERRIBLE AS THEY'D FEARED. It simply hung there in the air, thinning around the four of them: Emma, Henry, Rayne... and Drogon. The return of magic now exposed his true nature. Where a dog had been standing beside them before, a dragon the size of a large wolf or a small bear now took its place.

He let out a proud shriek, and Emma practically jumped away, pulling an awestruck Henry behind her.

"It's alright." Rayne assured them. "He's my best friend, my brother. He won't hurt you." She shot Henry a little smile as she scratched the scales of the dragon, grateful for the familiarity that washed over her. "He was our dog for your whole life, remember?"

Slowly, the boy stepped forward. Drogon lowered his head to gaze intently at the boy. There was no predatory instinct or violence there. It was more like now that he had his memories back, he was more certain than ever that this boy was one he would protect. He bumped Henry lightly with his head, eliciting a delighted giggle and earning a pet in return.

"I- I guess I should..." Emma stuttered, not really sure what to say.

"We should find your parents!" Henry gasped.

"Yeah." She murmured. "I guess we should..."

Rayne didn't really have anywhere else to go, and she wasn't yet prepared to let her brother out of her sight. The world had just become ten times more unpredictable. Who knew what sort of fate could befall him? So she and Henry and Drogon lingered just behind Emma when she confronted Snow White and Prince Charming, only to be met with a fiercely loving hug in return. Rayne swallowed down all the pain that the sight brought her. She would never see her own mother and father again. And the one person she'd hoped might be here... those hopes plummeted lower by the second.

The tension was broken by Henry, of course. "Grandpa?"

Somewhat taken aback, Mary Margaret laughed, a sound that was accompanied by David's quieter chuckling. "Yeah, kid. I suppose so." He blinked in surprise when he caught sight of a startlingly blonde young woman and her dragon. "You." His tone wasn't hostile, but confused, perhaps with a touch of amusement in there. "I remember you."

She smiled, a little awkwardly. "And I remember you."

"But I don't know you." He frowned. "Never once has someone tamed a dragon, and yet, we don't know your name. Who are you really?"

She pressed her lips together before giving into a sigh. "My name is Rhaenyra Targaryen. The Dragon Princess, in my land."

He huffed a little laugh. "I can see."

"A result of the magic brought here, if I had to guess." They all turned at the voice of Mother Superior. "I can feel it."

"Magic?" Henry questioned. "In Storybrooke?" She nodded. "You're the Blue Fairy. Do something magical."