𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

baelfire

storybrooke, maine

storybrooke, maine

– TO SAY RHAENYRA WAS DISPLEASED WOULD BE AN INCREDIBLE UNDERSTATEMENT. Much as he hated to make things worse after her discovery of Hook's departure, David had to tell her about Regina and what she'd been up to recently. She kept her cool, but under the surface, she felt her stomach churning. She'd been stupid enough to trust Regina, and now it was being thrown back in her face. And Hook was the last person she thought she would have to doubt, but now he was sneaking around behind her back too. Suddenly, she felt very uncomfortably vulnerable.

When Snow called to tell David how terribly her meeting with Regina had gone, Rhaenyra offered to track her down. "Unless they're using a spell to block him specifically, Drogon should be able to track their scent."

"That sounds risky." David frowned.

She rolled her eyes. "My life is risky. The first time we met I fought off half your guard to free and ride a dragon."

"Fair enough. Just be careful."

She gave him an odd look. "Why do you care? I didn't think we were still friends."

He sighed. "Rhaenyra, you can pretend it's not true all you want, but you're alone right now, and it's hurting you. You may not be the definition of the good guy, but you're not bad either. I think you need and deserve a friend."

She pursed her lips, hesitating before she nodded. "We'll see." he knew it was probably the closest thing he'd get to a 'thank you' right now, so he took it.

Drogon still had to stay small, so even though he was able to track Regina, it was still slower going than Rhaenyra would have liked. Catching a scent while driving probably would have been a bit tricky for him, so that left them with walking. Drogon was about the size of a sheepdog as he led her behind stores, down alleys and towards the forest. He stopped short when their target suddenly came into sight, she was facing away from them, but turned when she heard the dragon's soft growl. She gave Rhaenyra a soft look of sad regret.

"I'm sorry."

The princess' eyes widened. "No-!" Regina vanished in a puff of purple smoke, leaving her staring at nothing. It had only been a diversion. Her hands curled into fists, irises taking on an orange glow, and sparks suddenly ran through everything within a two-metre radius of where she stood before turning to a withered black and grey. Fool.

new york city

– WHILE THE OTHERS WERE BUSY WORRYING OVER MR. GOLD AND A CAR, HENRY WAS DIALLING A PHONE NUMBER. It was one he knew well, but he still felt anxiety bubbling up as the ringing continued. Finally, his sister picked up.

"What do you want?"

"It's me."

"Henry?"