𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

pirates

the enchanted forest, presently

– WELL, EMMA AND MARY MARGARET HAD FOUND THEMSELVES IN QUITE THE SITUATION. When they'd fallen through the portal to the Enchanted Forest, they'd been found by two strangers, Mulan and Aurora. Two people who had been left behind by the curse, and there were more. Unfortunately, that also included the last person Snow White had hoped to see here. Cora. When they'd gone looking for the wardrobe that could take them back, the sorceress revealed that she'd killed Lancelot, the one they'd believed was working with them, and taken his place. The wardrobe, in an effort to stop Cora from getting to Storybrooke, had been reduced to ashes. Hopeless and exhausted, the group returned to their base. Maybe they could come up with something once they were safe. News flash: the encampment was not as safe as they'd thought. By the time they had returned, everyone there had been slaughtered, hearts pulled from their chests. Not good. There had been but one survivor, and that was the man they currently had tied to a tree after Emma called him on a lie. Oh, the strange ways in which people meet friends.

Finally, finally, Emma cracked him, revealing the true identity beneath his false innocence.

"Killian Jones." he smirked. "But most people have taken to calling me by my more colour moniker. Hook."

"Hook." Snow repeated, realisation dawning, mixed with disbelief.

"Check my satchel." sure enough, she soon retrieved a shiny silver hook from the bag.

"As in Captain Hook?" Emma checked.

His ego did not need that boost. "Ah, so you've heard of me." his smugness was cut short by the loud thumping reminder that ogres were still closing in.

"You better hurry up, they're getting closer." Emma warned. "So unless you wanna be dinner, you better start talking."

He huffed a laugh. "Cora wanted me to gain your trust so I could learn everything there is to know about your Storybrooke. She didn't want any surprises when she finally got over there."

"She can't get there, we destroyed the wardrobe." Snow reasoned.

"Ah, but the enchantment remains. Cora gathered the ashes. She's gonna use them to open up a portal." The roars and the crashing of trees was frighteningly near now. "Now if you'll kindly cut me loose."

"No." Mulan warned. "We should leave him here to die, to pay for all the lives that he took."

"That was Cora, not me."

"Let's go." Emma instructed.

"Wait. Wait! You need me alive."

"Why?"

"Because we both want the same thing. To get back to your land."

"You will say anything to save yourself. Why are we supposed to believe you now?"

"I arranged for transport with Cora," he replied simply. "But, seeing how resourceful you are, I'll offer you the same deal. I'll help you if you promise to take me along."

Snow was still suspicious. "How are you going to help us get home?"

"The ashes will open a portal, but to find your land, she needs more. There's an enchanted compass. Cora seeks it. I'll help you obtain it before she does."

"So Cora won't make it to Storybrooke, and we'll be one step closer to getting home." Emma realised. She turned to her mother for input.

"Sounds too good to be true."

"There's only one way to find out." the pirate snapped.

The roars shook the trees now, and Emma brandished a dagger at Hook. "You tell me one thing. And whatever you say, I better believe it. Why does Captain Hook wanna go to Storybrooke?"

"To exact revenge on the man who took my hand. Rumplestiltskin."

But she stared him right in the eye and she knew there was a tidal wave he was holding back. "Bullshit. I know that look. There's more to it than just that."

His jaw clenched so hard he thought it might break, but he had no choice. "I need to get through that portal." he snapped, praying he wasn't putting that girl at risk. "I have to get back to my daughter."

storybrooke, maine

– IN AN ATTEMPT TO HELP DAVID WITH THE CRISIS HE CURRENTLY FACED, RHAENYRA OFTEN FOUND HERSELF PATROLLING TOWN LIMITS. No one got past Drogon's eye, or his nose for that matter. Of course, there were other problems with living in this land. Any pants she owned here were quickly worn thin from riding on dragonback, and she had no gloves to protect her hands. That's why she found herself standing, looking in the mirror at the loft, pouring all her focus into her memories. The outfits she'd possessed back in the Enchanted Forest and wherever else had been perfect for the task. All she needed was a clear image in her mind.

"Okay," she whispered, closing her eyes. Perfect. One, two, three, snap. Well, she didn't feel any different, and when she opened one eye to peek at the mirror again, she was left unimpressed. Again. She took a steadying breath, and shut her eyes. One, two, three, snap. She groaned. Clearly, she was a bit rusty, but she'd always been good at fire magic and conjuring. With one of those assets back in play, wasn't it time she worked on the other. Okay. she shook out her arms lightly. "I can do this." she muttered. "I can do it." one, two, three, snap. In a puff of smoke, her clothes shifted from jeans a black tank top and a leather jacket to riding gear more like what her mother might have worn. A grin split her face. "Finally." Drogon cheered, but they didn't have much of a chance to celebrate before her phone rang. Caller ID read Not-So-Charming. "Hey." she greeted, picking up.

"Rhaenyra, you'll never guess what happened." ordinarily, any sort of surprise was rather worrying to her, but there was a glint of excitement in his voice that made her think perhaps this time it was something good. "The dwarves found the diamonds for fairy dust. We can get the hat to work." On the other end, his words were met with another round of cheers from Leroy and the gang.

Her eyes flew wide. "Really?"

"Yeah! We're all headed to Granny's for drinks. You should come down. Henry's here too."

She pressed her lips together to keep from squeaking her excitement. "I'll be right there." with a wave, she returned her clothes to normal before beckoning Drogon back to her shoulder and heading out. This was certainly something to celebrate.

A/N
YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THE HOOK REVEAL AHHHH. <3
WHAT DO YOU THINK???