Chapter 20

Chapter 20- What Led To War

"I believe I have your attention, benders of Republic City," Amon spoke through the microphone, hushing everyone in the audience

"I believe I have your attention, benders of Republic City," Amon spoke through the microphone, hushing everyone in the audience. Everyone was filled with fear, the Wolfbats had their bending taken away and was thrown into the water, the Krew are all tied up, Tenzin and Lin were unconscious, and you...

Where are you?

"So once again, the Wolfbats are your pro-bending champions. It seems fitting that you celebrate three bullies who cheated their way to victory because every day, you threaten and abuse your fellow nonbending citizens just like the Wolfbats did to their opponents tonight," Amon raised his arm up and motioned to the now conscious Wolfbats swimming to safety.

"Those men were supposedly the best in the bending world and yet it only took a few moments for me to cleanse them of their impurity," He chuckled darkly.
"Let this be a warning to all of you benders out there: if any of you stand in my way, you will meet the same fate," Everyone gasped in fear.

"Now, to my followers: for years the Equalists have been forced to hide in the shadows, but now we have the numbers and the strength to create a new Republic City," Amon told to his followers.

"I'm happy to tell you that the time for change has finally come. Very soon, the current tyrannical bending regime will be replaced by a fair-minded Equalist government. You and your children will no longer have to walk the streets afraid! It's time to take back our city," He declared.

"For centuries, benders have possessed an unnatural advantage over ordinary people. But thankfully, modern technology has provided us with a way to even out the playing field," A figure leered over the entire stadium, getting ready to jump down.

"Now anyone can hold the power of a chi-blocker in their hand. My followers and I will not rest until the entire city achieves equality, and once that goal is achieved, we will equalize the rest of the world. The revolution has begun!" He shouted, and that was the figure's cue to jump down.

It landed behind Amon and his men, causing people to gasp and whisper. Amon slowly turn to see you, in your tiger monkey form, snarling and holding the unconscious equalist that tried to zap you with your tail.

"I thought my men captured you already," He tsked, his henchmen getting ready to fight you, but he lifted his hand to stop them. As he did that, the glass dome broke above and cables fell for the Equalist group.

You sent a wave of lava towards them, but their cables were fast and lifted them up.
"You will not stop me, pest! Your Avatar is weak, and I will cleanse all of your impurity!" He shouted, holding a small device with a button.