Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Match Of The Beginnings

"I like this nifty new uniform!" You beamed, fiddling with your chest plate Lin gave you

"I like this nifty new uniform!" You beamed, fiddling with your chest plate Lin gave you. You practically begged for Lin and Tenzin to have you by their side. Tenzin at first didn't want you to go, but Lin said it was useless to argue with a spirit.

"Just stay low and don't make too much noise," Lin crossed her arms.
"You ask for too much," You joked, but kept silent as the announcer spoke through the mic.

"The anticipation is palpable as we are just moments away from the championship match. Will the Wolfbats' ferocity help them repeat as champs? Or will the underdog Fire Ferrets serve up a surprising bowl of smackdown soup?" The ring man got onto the arena and pointed at the red side.

"Introducing the challengers, the Future Industries Fire Ferrets!" Korra, Mako, and Bolin waved at the audience, with Bolin having Pabu do a stunt trick. You cheered and clapped for them.

"And their opponents, the three timed defending champions, the White Falls Wolfbats!" The Wolfbats had masks over their head and howled, having fireworks and spark shows for them.

"Pshh, I could do a better performance by myself than those dumb wolfbats," You scoffed, amusing Tenzin and Lin.
"Of course you would, Little One," Tenzin chuckled and ruffled your hair.

"The champs and challengers face off at the center-line and here we go!" The bell rang and they charged. Tahno instantly went at Korra, launching a water punch.

Tahno tries to clean the Avatar's clock with some dirty water boxing. Ming shakes off Mako's attack and returns the favor. Shaozu gets fancy, but Bolin ricochets a disk off the ropes and says 'No, thank you sir!'," You were mimicking the moved the Fire Ferrets were doing, seeing their strategic moves.

"The waterbenders slug it out, looking evenly matched. Tahno gets a little too worked up and unleashes a deluge on Bolin that would certainly elicit a foul," Even though it was a dirty move, the refs didn't claim it as a foul.
"Or apparently not," You furrowed your eyebrows at the lack of repercussions.

"And the Wolfbats advance despite Tahno exceeding the waterbending time limit. A questionable call by the officials. Ming trips up Mako with another dirty trick!" The sound of the buzzer was making you annoyed.

"Oh come on, refs! There was some funny business in that last play!" Tenzin complained.
"Wouldn't have guessed you knew the rules of pro-bending?" Lin raised an eyebrow and grinned, amused.

"I've been brushing up. That Wolfbat blatantly bent a disk outside of his zone," Tenzin waved his hand.
"Come on! You humans have terrible eyesight!" You shouted, hands twitching with anger.

"The Ferret brothers are backed up to zone three and the Wolfbats smell blood," Tahno used another ice move, which you realized that wasn't in the fair righting rules.
"Looks like Tahno snuck in an illegal icing move but once again there's no call. I don't know what match the refs are watching but it's obviously not this one," You groaned at the match.

"Oh! a splash-and-clash sends the Avatar to zone three as well. It's a knockout!" Korra and Mako were shot out of the ring, making you sigh in defeat.
"The Wolfbats win the championship for the fourth year in a- Hold on a second, folks!" You perked up as your eyes caught the sight of Korra hanging on the side while holding Mako.

"Scratch that! The Ferrets are still alive, but just barely. What an unbelievable move! These Ferrets aren't just bending the elements, they're bending my mind! The underdogs survive to see round two," You jumped around and cheered.

"The opening salvo is a brutal call as both sides give it their all. But once again, Tahno sneaks in a little ice to get the upper hand," You we're going to go on the arena yourself to teach that Tahno human a lesson.

"Wowzers! Those look like illegal head shots to me!" You realized what was happening and was not happy.
"Those human refs are turning the blind eye to the Wolfbats! That's not cool!" You complained to the two benders, who agreed.

"Round two will be decided with a tie-breaker!" The Fire Ferrets got to choose which element was going one-on-one. Korra had sent the first stream of water as a distraction and used her leg to waterbend the final blow.

Tahno had attempted to retaliate after Korra's first shot, but Korra's surprise hit to his chin causes his waterbending jet to quickly lose form. Your eyes widened in excitement as you already knew who won.

"Round two goes to the Fire Ferrets!" You squealed and hugged both benders, them slightly wincing at the strength you had.
"I can't believe your sweet-tempered father was reincarnated into that girl. She's tough as nails," Lin dusted herself when she stood up again.

"Reminds me of someone else I knew at that age. You two might get along if you would only give her a chance," Tenzin suggested, making Lin huff.
"Who is your father?" You asked Tenzin, causing the two tense a little, looking at each other.

"One round apiece: who wants it more?" The bell rang and the Wolfbat aggressively went first.
"The Wolfbats fly out of the gates, swinging with bad intentions. The challengers are showing a lot of heart but the champs are really starting to find their rhythm now," You were now unsure about the Fire Ferrets winning at this state.

"Can the Ferrets hang in there with the best, especially when the best are frankly getting a little help from the refs?" That made you snarl, if they got to cheat, then there was no point in fair fighting. The Fire Ferrets should cheat too and get it over with.

"It's all down to this final round! Mako is leaving it all in the ring but it looks like Tahno and Ming are up to more shenanigans! Oh, this has gone too far! That water had rocks in it!" Three shots of water filled with rocks knocked down each member, having them knock into the water.

"Knockout!" The referee declared, having the Wolfbats as the winners.
"What?!" You were in disbelief at the blatant unfairness.
"Oh, come on! Those were illegal head shots! Open your eyes, ref!" Tenzin shouted too.

"Well, folks it's a controversial call but the Wolfbats notch a nasty knockout to win the match! For the fourth year in a row, they'll be crowned tournament champions!" You booed and gave thumbs down. Grumbling, your ears began to twitch, hearing a whirring sound on both side of you.

Everything was in slow motion, as you felt Tenzin push you down and in an instant, he and Lin fell down. You looked to see them unconscious, not noticing someone behind you, lifting their gloves hand up.

"Sifu-?"

ZZZAAAPPP

You felt something like your back hard, and saw the glow of electricity behind you, but you felt nothing else. You turned to look up at the masked figure, wearing an electrical glove, seeing a familiar symbol on his mask.

The figure froze, and took a step back as their eyes widened in fear from the lack of response you had from the shock. You stared at them as you gave a low growl and had a dark glint in your eyes.

"Bad move, human,"