Chapter 15

Chapter 15- Safe In My Arms

"I want to come with!" You excitedly said as Korra was dressing up for a gala Tarrlok is holding

"I don't know, only a few people know you're a spirit, and I doubt they'll let pets in the gala," Korra frowned.

"But the airbending kids are going, why can't I? I can shift into another form!" You smiled, and did just that. You didn't know who you formed into, but it felt nice.

That was when Tenzin walked in, and froze when he saw you. You looked... looked...

You looked like her.

"Something wrong, Sifu Twinkle?" You asked Tenzin, making him jump a little.
"Oh! Nothing, Little One. I'm guessing you wish to come with us?" He cleared his throat, making Korra snort a little at his reaction.

"I'll be on my best behavior! A spirit's honor!" You raised your hand, dusting off your clothes. Korra looked at the airbender expectedly, hoping you would come with. And with sigh, Tenzin nodded.

"Very well,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You immediately felt a little regret when you saw so many humans, but you were stubborn to just leave now.
"I can't believe this is all for me," Korra whistled, seeing the fancy dress up.

"I'm not sure what Tarrlok's plotting, but keep your guard up. It's not like him to throw a party just for the fun of it," Tenzin warned, with you holding his cloak. Then, Tarrlok walked down some stairs and gave a smile.

"So glad you could make it, Avatar Korra," He greeted.
"I hope you apologize to the spirit on my behalf, I don't wish to have their appearance to be so soon in public," He bowed his head slightly.
"And who is this?" He smiled when he saw you, making you to hide behind Korra and Tenzin.

"My cousin, she's visiting," Korra lied smoothy, which was the only time she did.
"An honor," Tarrlok shook your hand and motioned to Korra to walk with him.
"If you'd excuse us, the city awaits its hero," Korra wished for you to stay with Tenzin, but he seemed... rather busy.

"Meelo no! That's not a toilet!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wondered around, avoiding humans as best you can, until you bumped into a familiar metal wrapped cop.
"Watch it kid- oh," Lin looked down, and paused for a moment.

"I'm going to take a wild guess that you're the spirit in disguise that tagged along with Tenzin?" She crossed her arms. You nodded slowly, before taking in her features.
"Metal lord," You realized, making his punch the bridge of her nose and sighed.

"Don't call me that, it's Chief Beifong," She threatened. That name made you feel dizzy for a moment, and you took a step back. Lin noticed, and felt a little worried.
"Hey, you okay?" She mumbled, which had you look up to her.