Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Your Spirit Leaves Home

"Come and catch me Sifu Aye Aye!" A laugh left a spirit's mouth as they jumped over a root, running down the hill as they heard their friend's footsteps coming closer

"Like anyone will outrun me!" Another spirit shouted, making the first continue to laugh and keep running.

The spirit world was big to run around in, nothing ever happening to any spirit ever. The spirit kept on running and hopping through tall grass, trying to get away from their friend. As they laughed, they slowed down as they realized they haven't heard their friend running or yelling.

They stopped and listened for anything.
"Hello? Sifu Aye Aye?" The spirit called out, looking around for their friend, but no spirit was around. The spirit tilted their head and continued to walk around. Maybe they were in the spirit fog... yeah, they must've have wandered too far!

They just need to find their Sifus, that's all! They just need to-

The spirit stopped, standing a few feet away from a... human? They had (H/C), with a bandana on their forehead, and green clothing.
"H... Hello?" The spirit called out, a little confused, and took a step closer.

But the moment they took a step, the human snapped their head up to look at them, making the spirit to freeze.
"What..." They breathed out, fear surrounding her body.

The human... it looked dead. Their entire stomach was bleeding out, dry and fresh blood dripping onto the floor. One of their eyes was missing entirely, only a hole was replaced their sight. Hair a complete mess, clothes ripped and dirtied up. It was something the spirit didn't want to ever see again.

Taking a step back, the human's head snapped to face spirit, which made them feel tired, their whole body heavy, and no longer afraid.
"W...who... are... you...?" The spirit slurred out, and eyes became droopy, world around them spinning.

"You... name is...."

"My name... what is my name...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's what happened in my dream," You finished, fiddling with some sticks as your other spirit friends were listening in.
"That's sounds scary," One said, walking over to hug you.
"Yeah, but I bet you weren't afraid, right?" Another beamed up at you, and you snorted.

"Of course I wasn't scared! I'm the bravest spirit ever! Not even my tail could scare me!" You boasted, your tail flicking about.
"You sure are," The first spirit smiled, and they all went off to do their own things as you kept fiddling with some sticks.

"How's my favorite little one?" You looked up to see Aye Aye standing in front of you, a mischievous smile on his face as you smiled back. You always liked his company, he always knows how to comfort you.