Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Training From The Ground Up

"And, in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout! What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?" Korea asked Tenzin as you dipped another cup of tea

You, Tenzin, and Korra sat at a table with Korra reading the newspaper and you sitting next to her.
"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending," Tenzin simply stated, making Korra frown.

"Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena," She pleaded with him.
"This pro-bending tournament sounds fun," You piped up, making Korra beam at Tenzin.

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island. And little one, I don't want your brain to rot because of that gaming nonsense," Tenzin argued back, and you deflated.

'He reminds me of Sifu Iroh,' You thought.
"Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around, to watch my every move?" Korra huffed out, motioning out to the White Lotus. You were eyeing on one of them, looking at their clothing.

'Strange, where have I seen those colors before?'

"Yes. In order to learn airbending I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions," Tenzin nodded, and he motioned to you.
"And what better way to find your spiritual side, with an actual spirit to guide you," He gave a small smile, and you felt your ear heat up in embarrassment.

"All right, you're the 'Sifu',"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm," You pondered, looking at your hand. You were trying to do that thing when the officers attacked you. Morphing your arm into lava, you have never done that before in the Spirit world. Did the human world give you some weird power?

"Spirit, they're coming!" You heard Jinora call out for you, so you grabbed your Lute and ran next to them.
"Korra's gonna airbend! Korra's gonna airbend!" Ikki squealed happily and jumped as Korra and Tenzin walked up the stairs.

"What is that contraption?" The Avatar asked about the thing behind you all.
"A time-honored tool that teaches the most fundamental aspect of airbending," Tenzin explained.

"Jinora, would you like to explain this exercise?" He asked his daughter, and she nodded.
"The goal is to weave your way through the gates and make it to the other side without touching them," She told you all, and your eyes were wide with wonder.

"Seems easy enough," Korra grinned.
"Jinora forgot to say you have to make it through while the gates are spinning!" Ikki piped in excitedly as Tenzin air bended the gates to move quickly.