Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Searching for Crimes

You watched through your window at the sight of the Krew and the air children

You watched through your window at the sight of the Krew and the air children. They were staying at the Air Temple for a while, and you were glad they were able to stay. The more the merrier Pema would always say.

"Little One, may I come in?" A knock and the voice of Tenzin was heard, which made you call out in agreement. He opened the door and smiled at you.

"Would you like to accompany Korra and I to see the new chief of police?" That made your ears peek up and jump off your bed.
"Yeah! I want to see who is going to be almost as good as Sifu Metal Lord!" You gave a toothy grin, making Tenzin melt a little.

It really was true about what his father said about you. Your smile truly made everyone's day.

"Come on, Little One, we don't want to be late,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were in your human form, standing between Korra and Tenzin, holding their hands as Saikhan stood on a pedestal in front of the crowd.

"It was an honor serving under Chief Beifong for so many years and I wish her a speedy recovery. It is with great humility that I take her place as the new Chief of Police. Republic City is facing a threat like none the world has ever seen but there is one man who's been effective against Amon's revolution, Councilman Tarrlok," Saikhan spoke out.

"That is why for all matters involving the Equalists, I will report directly to him. The police department will lend any and all available resources to the councilman and his task force until we quell this insurgency," Your furrowed your eyebrows, not liking that speech.

"What is that weasel snake Tarrlok up to now?" Korra mumbled. The interview was over, and you three walked up to Tarrlok.
"Tarrlok, I don't know what you did to get Chief Saikhan in your pocket but I highly doubt it was legal," Tenzin accused.

"Oh, Tenzin. Always the conspiracy theorist. Did you ever consider Saikhan simply recognizes my talents and wants what is best for this city?" Tarrlok asked with a condescending smile, and you wished you could deck him.

"Well, Avatar Korra. Long time, no see. Now that your little pro-bending distractions are over, I look forward to your return to my task force," He offered, but Korra snarled.
"Ha! Forget it! There's no way I'm rejoining your vanity project," She firmly placed her foot down.

"That is unfortunate to hear, but I'm sure you'll come to your senses as you have in the past," Tarrlok frowned, but soon smiled.
'This human is going to get doused in lava in a minute,' You thought.

"Don't hold your breath, bub. You know, Tenzin's been right about you all along. You played me, you played Beifong, and now you're playing the new Chief too," Korra walked up in Tarrlok's face.

"Well, I got news for you. You need me, but I don't need you. I'm the Avatar," She huffed.
"You're not, in fact, the Avatar. You are merely a half-baked Avatar in training, which reminds me, how is your airbending going? Made any significant progress with that?" Tarrlok smirked, making Korra back off and frown in shame.