Chapter 18

Danielle's P.O.V.

I woke up to find Ashton gone and everyone else cuddled up against each other. I stretched and decided to look around for him, I walked upstairs and heard faint singing. I knew it had to be Ashton but I couldn't make out the words, I walked closer to his door trying to remain quiet and not disturb him. Then I heard his beautiful deep voice.

                If I lay here,
             if I just lay here,
      would you lie with me and
        just forget the world?

I closed my eyes and hummed along quietly.

        Forget what were told
         before we get too old
       and show me a garden thats bursting into life.

I must have leaned into the door too much because it opened and I fell on the floor. "Are you okay?" he said putting his guitar down quickly and coming over to me. "Yeah I'm fine." I giggled before getting up. "I love you." he said hugging me. " And I was going to perform this for you but I can see that you have already heard part of it." he smiled. "Yeah sorry I didn't mean to,  I just noticed you were gone and I wanted to find you." I told him. "Actually I knew you were at the door."he laughed. "Really what give it away?" I asked. "Nothing I just knew you would come find me."  We held each other in a comfortable silence . "Hey do you want to make some waffles?" he asked. "Yeah!" I loved making waffles, cooking was my favorite thing to do other than drawing. We ran down stairs and started waking everyone up. I pulled on Michael's blanket and to my surprise he hissed at me. "C'mon Michael and Bella we are making waffles." I whined.  "Tell us when they are done!" Michael yelled from under the blanket. I walked over to wake up Lauren and Calum but when I shook Lauren she hit me hard. "Hey!" I yelled. "Let us sleep." she grumbled cuddling closer to Calum. Ashton already woke up Luke and Jillian and they were standing waiting for breakfast. Me and Ashton walked to the kitchen and started getting our ingredients out. I was busy mixing the batter when Ashton came up behind me and dipped his finger in the batter. "Ash!" I whined then he booped my nose with it. We laughed and continued with making the waffles, me pouring the batter and Ashton toasting them. When we finished I called everyone else in the room. "Hey Dani I'm dying my hair today wanna help?" Michael asked stuffing his mouth with waffles. "Sure." I told him then Ashton snuck up behind me and put a fail at a heart shaped waffle on my plate. "Aw thanks babe." I told him before giving him a light kiss which earned a couple of ew's from our friends. "Dani you should dye your hair." Michael told me as I took a bite of my waffle. I looked at the long brown mess. "Maybe I will." I told him gaining a surprised look from Ashton. "Only if I can pick the color." he told me. "Okay." I told him. "I'm going to get dressed and go to the hair salon." Ashton said. "Wait bro! I think I have the perfect color for her." he grinned and ran out to his car. He came back with a basket full of hair coloring boxes. "Do you always carry those with you?" Luke laughed. He handed the basket to Ashton. "Pick one but don't show her." he told him. Ashton shuffled through the box then smiled and pointed to one. "Okay blindfold her." Ashton ran to the living room and then came back with a red bandana and tied it around my eyes. They led me to the bathroom and ran some water in the sink. Ashton and Michael giggled as they started coloring my hair. "Bella come dry it!" Much as yelled as he wringed my hair out. I heard Bella come in and plug in a hairdryer she started run in the warm air over my hair quickly. "Danielle this color looks beautiful." she said brushing it quickly. "Okay final product!" she said removing the bandana.