Chapter 15

Danielle's P.O.V.

All I wanted in this moment was to was in Ashton's arms and never have to leave. After the song ended we sat down on the boulder and he leaned against the rock behind him and put his arm around me. "This is beautiful." I said staring at the now setting sun. The sky was painted with red snd orange that faded into the blue sky. "Danielle?"he asked I turned to him and hummed. "You are the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, and at first I thought my life was going the wrong way and that it was never going to get better. But then you came along and you turned my life around. I am so lucky to have you." he said his eyes focused on the horizon. I leaned into his chest, he smelled of spearmint

and cologne. We sat quietly and watched the sun slowly continue it's descend into the water. I felt the rise and fall of Ashton's chest as he traced patterns with his thumb on my shoulder. I slowly felt my eyes getting heavier as I listened to Ashton's quiet snoring and the waves crashing onto the sand.

------------------------------------------------

I felt something shifting under my weight. "Hey babe." I heard a thick voice say. It was Ashton. suddenly all of the memories of last night rushed back to me. "Goodmorning." I said opening my eyes only to have the bright sun right in my face. "Sorry love I should have warned you its bright outside." he giggled. "Dont we have to be at school?" I asked stretching. "No its saturday." he said booping my nose and then he stood up. "Wanna go to the coffee shop and get some breakfast?" "Sure." I said as he grabbed my and and helped me up. "You want me to call anyone to come with us?" Ashton asked as he gathered up our stuff. "Um I dont know I need to see what  time it is." I said grabbing our blanets, we started our walk  back up to his jeep before he started making faces at me. "Oh come on Irwin!" I laughed and pushed him lightly. "Babe why do you love me?" he asked. "Because you are a weirdo and you are my weirdo." We both laughed before someone cut us off. "Babe?! why do you love me?!" a tall dark haired guy in all black standing by Ashton's car said mockingly to some other guys around him. "Well she was right when she said you were a weirdo Irwin." he said stepping closer to us. I looked to Ashton to see that his back had stiffened and he was standing absolutely still, at this point K had pulled my phone out of my back pocket and texted Luke to get the guys out in front of the surfshop as soon as possible. I knew that they boys had stayed at his house last night so I wasnt surprised when they boys all came running a few minutes later. "Oh so you finally got some friends and who is she? A replacement for Britney?" he sneered as he stepped closer to me. "Hands off." Ashton said grabbbing the guys arm and twisting it. "I swear if you put a hand on her ever you won't have a hand." he said as the guy quickly pulled his hand away. "Get away from my car and my girlfriend." Ashton said clenching  his fists and walking towards his jeep. "Oh ashton she's cute, alot like Britney too. Oh man those were the days when we used to hang out and then Britney left you because she never wanted to be with you and she found someone much better than you. She found me and you just couldn't let it go so you tried to take her back to your house to talk it out and you screwed that up didn't you. She died because of you don't you ever realize that?" the guy said and Ashton stopped dead in his tracks. The guy smirked knowing that he got what he wanted. " Ashton is that true?" I quietly said. "Oh its true babe and if I were you I would seriously take my next offer into consideration." he said walking over to me and putting his hand around my shoulder before I quickly threw it off of me. "How about you get with me and we can leave this liar behind?" he said grinnning in my face. Before I knew what was happening Ashton had the guy pinned to the ground and was landing punch after punch into his face. His two other friends attempted to join in but as Michael, Luke, and Calum attempted to hold them back someone punched Michael. "Oh that's it." Michael said as he punched the guy hard enough to knock him to the ground. "Get on my level!" Calum said throwing the guy behind him into the side of the jeep and pinning him against it. Luke had pushed the other guy onto the ground and held his arms behind his back. The dark haired guy under Ashton reached around and grabbed a rock before hitting Ashton in the jaw with it and throwing him off of him. He threw himself ontop of Ashton and punched him in the mouth. "Hey!" I said, he looked up at me and I opened the driver's door and hit him as hard as I could with it.  "Stay off my boyfriend." I said as I watched him hit the ground. He got up with an irritated look on his face before standing up and running off and his goonies followed him. "Get out of here you sissies!" Luke yelled.  We all huddled around Ashton and helped him back up. "Man he punched you good." I said examining his busted lip. Moments later I texted all the girls to meet us at the coffee shop. We all piled into Ashton's car and I sat in the front seat beside him. I sat in silence and thought about what that guy said, she died because of you dont you realize that? Was it even true? I sighed and decided to talk to him about it later. "Hey do you guys want to hang out at the surfshop today? We dont have anyone sceduled for lessons." "Sounds good." Ashton said tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "We are in." Calum and Michael said at the same time. "Okay sounds cool." Luke said. We sat quietly until we got to the cafe. "Oh my god what happened to you guys?" Bella yelled as she saw the bruise forming on Michael's cheek and Ashton's busted lip. "Some idiots tried picking a fight with Ashton and we ended up beating the crap out of them." Michael answered kissing the top of Bella's head. "Calum,  babe are you hurt?" Lauren said huggung him. "Nope but I did pin some guy to the side of Ashton's car." he laughed. "Okay guys I want some breakfast!" Luke yelled hopping out of the jeep. We all walked in and everyone talked among themselves except me and Ashton, we were both quiet and he kept his arm around me until he walked off to the bathroom. "Okay so do you think what that guy said earlier was true?" I asked the boys. "It doesn't seem like him, but if I were you I would be careful. That idiotic guy knows Ash's car and by the looks of it he was taking an interest in you. " Michael said before sipping his water. "Well he propably took an interest in you up until you hit him in the head with a car door." Calum said laughing. "You hit some guy with a car door?" Lauren asked and her and Bella started laughing. "Yeah, I wasn't going to let him beat the crap out of my boyfriend so I slung the door open and threw him off of ashton." We were all laughing and I saw a small girl with long black hair coming towards us.