Chapter 4

Danielle P.O.V.

"OH MY GOD THE WATER IS COLD!" Ashton yelled as he ran into the ocean water. "Jesus!" Luke yelled as he followed him in. "Come on Dani! We totally won't splash you!" Luke yelled out to me. "Here I come!" I shouted as I ran into the surf with my board. The water was quite chilly but I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. As soon as I made my way to the boys they started splashing me. "Are we gonna teach him how to surf or not?" I kept laughing as I spoke. "Okay so Ashton, this thing is called a surfboard and you use it to ride on waves. Comprende?" "Si."he answered. I rolled my eyes. "Okay so how you do this is you put the board on the water, next you lay on the board and wait for a wave to come by. Then you paddle your arms into the water to push yourself with the wave, then you try to stand but be careful you need to keep your balance as you stand. Otherwise you will end up like Luke here and faceplant constantly." I pointed at Luke. "That was only one time!" he complained. "Okay I think I am going to try this. Just to tell you, I have surfed before but it has been a few years." He said as he paddled into the water. Me and Luke stood waist deep in the water as Ashton paddled out and we watched as he prepared for his first wave. He started to paddle with the water but the wave just went by him, it continued like this until about his 3rd try when he was finally able to catch a wave and ride it over to us. "Good job Mate!" Luke said giving him a high five before Ashton dove into the water. "Hey I am pretty tired can we take a break?" he asked when he surfaced. We all sat on our boards with our legs dangling into the blue water. "I have never been to a real beach before." Ashton said breaking the silence between us. "I thought you said you surfed a few years ago?" I asked. "Well the reason I was able to was because my Dad took me to an indoor surfing place and he was trying to get me to become a professional surfer but it just didn't work out." he answered. "Well you don't have to worry about him anymore, so let's just get to know each other." Luke suggested.  "I'll start. My name is Danielle Sanders and I was born and raised in here in Sydney. I am 17. I have been surfing since I was 8 and I love skittles, books, and tea. My parents divorced when I was nine and now I just hang where ever I can." "Okay, My turn. My name is Luke Hemmings. I am 17 and I was also born and raised in Sydney. I love movies, books, and fifa. I live with both of my parents, and my two brothers and I have also been surfing since I was 8." "Okay I will end with mine. My name is Ashton Irwin and I am 18, I was held back a grade for a weird curriculum reason and I was born in Hornsby and I love books, music, and now surfing. I live with my mum and two siblings and I wouldn't trade them for the world." He said laying on the board staring at the clouds. Luke and I did the same as him because this is what we really loved to do. Ashton let out a deep sigh. "I wish everyday could be like this."