Chapter 5

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Me too." Luke said. "But sadly we have school and work."he sighed. "Wait a sec, didn't your dad say that we needed more workers at the shop?" I looked between Danielle and Luke to see them exchanging excited glances. "What?" I was confused. "We want you to come work with us, it would be fun! You could teach lessons and hang out with us after school!" Danielle yelled happily. "Well I don't know, I still need to watch my siblings..." "Hey we can work your shifts when you can't,  come on dude!" Luke smiled. "Well if it's okay with your dad then I guess I can." I started smiling. I was finally making friends in this town. "Hey what school do you go to anyways?" Danielle asked. "I don't remember the name but its about 10 minutes from the coffee shop. What about you guys?" "Oh we go there too, Hey we should really get back up to the shop soon." Luke said sitting up. We swam towards the shore and set up our boards in the sand. Danielle started walking to the shop as Luke and I walked behind her. I started stepping on the huge rocks to get up to the street above, these rocks looked really sharp, almost too sharp to be stepping on. "OW!" I saw Danielle fall. "Danielle?" Me and Luke dropped our boards and ran towards her. "She cut her foot, It's bleeding really bad, Here you get her, I can grab the boards." like quickly said. I scooped her into my arms and picked my way through the sharp rocks. We made it up to the storefront and were met by Luke's dad about to close the shop. "Hey wait!" I yelled. "What happened?" He ran over to me. "We were walking up the rocks to get up here and she cut her foot." I explained. "Okay let's get her inside." He said opening the door for us. "Just bring her into the rec room, we have some bandages in there. Where's Luke?" "He is bringing the boards up for us, I can bandage her up." I said carrying her away to the rec room. "Alright we need to get her to the hospital so just meet me at my car when you are done." "Okay will do."I said. "Okay just sit here while I find the med kit."I said looking through the white cabinets, I finally saw the small white kit. "Okay sit still." I told her as I soaked a cloth in alcohol. "This is gonna sting." I said as I put it to her foot, she squirmed when it touched her foot. "Okay I am gonna put the bandage on your foot and then you are going to the hospital." She nodded. I picked her up and walked her out to what I guess is his car. Luke was already sitting in the front passengers seat so I layed Danielle in the back seat next to me and propped her foot up on my leg. The car ride was silent all the way to the hospital. When we got there I picked her up and we ran into the emergency room and they took her into a room. That left us to sit in the waiting room where Luke called Danielle's parents."My name's Andrew by the way, you must be Luke's friend." his dad said to me. "I'm Ashton Irwin and thanks for letting me come by, I loved surfing today it was beautiful." "Speaking of, when you were wrapping up Dani's foot, Luke said you were interested in a job at the shop. Would you like to work there?" I thought for a moment. I could make extra money for my family and when I was working I could hire someone to watch Harry and Lauren. "Yes sir." I answered him. "Okay good, come by tomorrow and bring you wetsuit, we can get you your employee outfit when we get back to the store. I have some paperwork to fill out tonight but you should be able to start working tommorow. "he said shaking my hand. "Thank you." Luke jogged back over to us. "Okay Danielle's parents are currently in America so I decided to call Lauren and Bella instead. They should be here soon." He affirmed. "Alright just wait here with us."