Chapter 14

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Danielle are you ready?" I asked knocking on the door. "Yeah!" I heard her walk to the door then open it. She was wearing a pastel purple dress and some sandals. "Come on then, our reservations for this place are in like 20 minutes, we need to go." I told her. "I thought it wasn't far." "It isn't but I need to grab something from the surf shop."I told her. We ran down the steps and I told my mum where I was going then we walked to my car and got in. "Have you not got the top on it fixed?" She asked. "No I'm sorry it's been broken for a while." I said backing out. After a good 5 minutes of silence we were close to the surf shop and I sped up a bit. She laughed and stuck her head out of the window and swung her arms in the wind. "Ashton I am totally in love with you!" She shouted and I laughed.  "I am in love with you Danielle!" I shouted back and she quickly turned to me. "You heard me?" She said and her face grew red. "Yes and I just want to ask you something." I said grabbing her hand.After I quickly parked I ran to her side of the car and pulled her out of her seat and we ran down towards the water. "Ashton!" she half laughed half yelled as we ran into the cold water. "I don't want to deny it any longer, Danielle Rose Sanders, I am in love with you and I want to be able to see you every day and I want you to be mine so I can hold you and kiss you and tell you things will be okay even when they won't.  Please don't deny me that I want to spend every waking moment with you or talking to you because I won't let it happen. Will you be mine, because ever since the first time we hung out I knew I wanted to be with you." I said. I saw her start to tear up. "Yes Ashton!" she said jumping into my arms. I spun her around and then set her down and to my surprise she kissed me. I stared into her blue eyes as she stared into mine and everything seemed perfect. After a moment I picked her up and ran through the water back towards the sand and sat her down on a big rock. "Sorry I will be right back!" I said running up to my car as I got to the top I pulled out some blankets and a picnic basket. I made my way back to her careful not to cut my feet on the rocks. "Hey this doesn't look like a restaurant now does it? " I said smiling. "No it looks much better." She said kissing my cheek. I sat down next to her and engulfed us both in a blanket. We ate quietly and just enjoyed being together. After she finished eating I pulled something out of my pocket. "Would you be interested in some skittles?" I asked opening them. "They are my favorite." she said taking the bag and pouring some into her hand. I ate all of my skittles in my hand starting with the greens, then yellow, orange, purple, and finally my favorite the reds. "Ashton will you dance with me?" Danielle asked. "I don't really dance." I shrugged and she looked away. "But I will try." I said standing up and grabbing her by the hand. We hopped onto the sand and I quickly pulled out my phone and pressed play. Chasing cars played as I swayed with her from side to side. I feel like certain moments in life can make you feel infinite and they can make everything that you have on your shoulders be lifted and this was my moment.