Chapter 1

"Hey Dani!" I heard someone shout, oh god did I fall asleep in class again? "You really shouldn't be sleeping in class because I almost left you." My best friend Michael said tapping my shoulder. I lifted my head. "Thanks for not leaving me, I would hate to be left in lit." I said sleepily. I stood up and grabbed my bag. I've been friends with Michael since we were little kids, he's like an older brother to me although we are the same age. He is also my best friend Bella's boyfriend and he lives about a block away from me. "Hey are we gonna meet Bella and the guys at the coffee shop?" I asked. "Bella's already waiting at the car for us, you are lucky we are friends otherwise I would have left you." he started lauging. It was a customary thing for me, Michael, Bella, our best friend Lauren, her boyfriend Calum and my other best friend Luke to meet up at the coffee shop by the beach near my house. Me and Michael walked outside to be greeted by the bright sun right in our faces. "Oh man is it hot out here or is it just you!" he said smiling then kissing Bella on the cheek. "It's nice to see you too." She said laughing and hugging him. I put my stuff in the trunk of Michael's car then sat in the back seat. Michael opened the door for Bella, this is one of the many instances where I wished I had a boy friend, they were one of the cutest couples in school and who could blame them? I would vote for the from prom queen and king. I sat there awkwardly as Michael started the car. "So anything new Dani? like any boys? " she said but was interrupted by a knock at the window. It was Luke so I rolled down my window. "Are we meeting at the coffee shop?" "As always dork." I giggled. "Okay see you guys there." he said before running off to his car. "Okay before I was ever so rudely interrupted." Bella attempted to continue as Michael started to drive. "No." "No what?" she asked. "I'm still single and haven't found anyone yet."I said playing with the fringe at the bottom of my shorts. "You are still a junior, and you are like my little sister, if a guy ever trys to touch you I would have him to the ground in 10 seconds flat." Michael said while he was stopped at an intersection. I sighed, they are the lucky ones, they have been dating for 3 years now and are headed towards their fourth year next Saturday. Which you know what that means.
Danielle you should bring a date to the party.

That plus the fact that all the couples would be dancing and I would be that one person sitting at the table alone whilst everyone was having the time of their lives. Great another awkward situation. We pulled into the nearest parking spot and got out. Don't get me wrong, I love Bella and Michael alot, but sometimes I just didn't want to be seen as the third wheel. We walked in and saw Luke, Calum, and Lauren in our regular spot by the bar and we made our way over to them. "Hey guys!" Lauren waved at us. "So Michael we were thinking that we could do a double date thing next friday or so." Calum said as we sat down. "Sounds good man." he said as he put his arm around Bella. I sat by Luke, facing the front door of the shop. Most time I would zone out of the conversation at the table and everyone wouldn't mind because they knew I was propably just thinking. This was one of those times. I heard the door chime and it brought me out of my thoughts. I turned my attention to the door to see a boy about my age with curly dirty blonde hair and a perfect tan wearing some black skinny jeans and a muscle tee decorated with a blink 182 symbol. He sat down at one of the tables near the front window and pulled out a laptop."Hello Dani?" Lauren said."Hmm?" I hummed. "I asked how things were going at the surf shop." "Oh sorry, I zoned out. Everything is going good actually. Minus the fact that Luke keeps tripping in front of customers." I said hitting his shoulder. "What I can't help it?! My legs are just too long." He started laughing. Me and Luke worked at his Dad's surf shop under his huge apartment where his family lived. It was actually quite nice to be working for his dad he was really nice but the pay wasn't always the best, that's why I have a side babysitting job. My phone buzzed in my pocket.
Are you able to babysit from 8:00 to 10:00 tonight? Sorry for the short notice. - Anne Marie
That's okay see you then.

I sent back to her. Anne was a single mom that I recently started with, she worked late night shifts at a cafe downtown every once in a while and most times she had me babysit her kids Harry and Lauren. Lauren didn't need to be babysitted but she liked to hang with me whenever I was there. "Hey Luke we better get going to work because if we don't your dad is going to kill us." I said standing up. "See you guys later." Luke said as he turned around while we were walking towards the door, then he ran right into the blonde boy.