Chapter 8

Danielle's P.O.V.

"What?!" I asked, I was just as shocked as him? "How come I never knew they had an older brother?" I asked. "How come they never told you they had an older brother?" He drove into the driveway and parked his car then let go of the steering wheel. "I'm not really going to the store." He sighed. "What? Why?" I asked. This got really weird really fast. He sighed again before answering. "I don't know I just wanted to get to know you, you reminded me of my girlfriend and it just... I don't know." He ran his hands through his hair. "Ashton. If we are gonna be friends then you need to tell me what's bugging you." I stated. "Well... its hard to talk about. Can we just discuss this at another time? " His hazel eyes stared at me. "I'm sorry." he said. "I just want to put my past behind me and bringing memories I have purposely buried back to the surface just isn't how I want to face my past." He looked at his feet. "It's just complicated and I don't want to explain this to you until I know if I can trust you." "If you don't want to tell me yet then tell me how I can gain your trust Ash. Just tell me and I will do it." I played with my bracelet. "That's how." "What?" I was confused. "That's how I knew I could trust you. You actually want me to trust you." I uncomfortably shifted in my seat. "You propably want to change out of that wetsuit, I will explain more when you come to babysit." He said getting out of the car. He grabbed my crutches and handed them to me. "See you in ten." I said as I walked to my house.  "Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as I walked in. She didn't answer.  I got up the stairs to my room and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and washed my hair then threw it into a bun until I could dry it. I went to my room and picked out a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt then while I was attempting to put on my jeans I got a call from Lauren.

"Hey Lauren what's up?" "It's not actually Lauren." I heard Michael say. "I knew you wouldn't want pick up if I called you but I just want to tell you to be careful with Ashton, he just seems a bit off. I am just worried for you." he told me. "Okay Michael I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I said before I hung up. Why was he so worried I know we grew up together but it just doesn't make since, Ashton is a nice guy, he wouldn't want to hurt anyone. I dried my hair and put on some mascara then decided to head next door. "Mom I'm babysitting for Anne tonight!" Complete silence. "Mom?" I looked around and then I finally found a note on the fridge.

Went out for dinner with some friends. Don't know when I'll be back. Don't wait up.  - Mom

I sighed and locked the door behind me as I left. I hobbled to the Irwin's front door then knocked. A moment later I heard someone shuffling at the door, then Anne opened it. "Hey Danielle,  Sorry I have to leave so soon but the boss wants me there early." She sighed. "Have a nice night. " I told her as she got into her car. "DANI!" I heard Harry and Lauren running down the stairs. "Hey guys." I said giving them a bear hug. I heard a thud from upstairs. "Oh that's just Ashton, he is completely freaking out. He said he met this beautiful girl and that she was coming over soon so he told me to tell him when she gets here." Harry said. Lauren elbowed Harry and then whispered something to him which caused his eyes to widen. "Um I gotta tell Ashton something."he said before running back upstairs. "Hey uh wanna make some popcorn?" Lauren said quickly. "Sure." I smiled. I was kind of disappointed that Ashton had another girl coming over but thats propably why he couldn't watch his siblings. We went inot the kitchen and I put the popcorn package in the microwave then pressed the start button. I heard someone coming down the stairs. "Hey guys." I heard Ashton's thick accent cut through the air.