Chapter Twenty-Four

✧!

!

Y/n's Pov:

Okay, so it's Saturday. Bakugo and I are going out...on a date.

God I'm so nervous, I still can't believe he asked me out. I knew I wasn't going to because I didn't want to embarrass myself but I was shocked when he did, he just didn't seem like the type to do that.

I still need to finish getting ready so I did my hair and everything before getting Eraserhead's approval. "So what do you think?"

He turned around from making his coffee and you looked at me. "You look nice."

I breathly laughed at him. "Isn't that your fourth cup?" He rolled his eyes and drank it anyway. "You sound like Hi- Present Mic." Weird.

I noticed a ring on his hand that wasn't there before. "Nice, when'd you get it?" He looked at me confused so I pointed at the ring. His face became red. "It was a gift."

Gift my ass.

I let it slide and finished getting ready. My stomach was doing flips and my head was sweating like crazy.

It's gonna be fine, we're probably going to the arcade again or something. Yeah, so it's gonna go great!

When I heard a knock at the door I was so excited that I jump over the couch to answer it. It was Bakugo, he was wearing casual clothing and his hair was styled the same way it always was.

Thank god, it would have been weird if I was only me who was wearing regular clothes. "You ready?" I nodded with a smile.

"Bye Eraserhead!" I didn't wait for a reply before I shut the door and we started to walk.

My heart started racing quickly with excitement.

It wasn't long before we arrived at a park. "What are we doing here?"

He rolled his eyes. "Will you just follow me?" I held up my hands in defense. "Sorry, I was just asking." I could see his eyes soften a bit.

"It's a surprise so just be patient." I smiled at him and continued to follow him. The park was really pretty at night, everything seemed to shine.

Bakugo stopped randomly and I looked over to see why. "Bakugo what is this?" There was a blanket, a basket, and a telescope.

I assume he put these here. "You said you liked stars." I- he remembered that?

I honestly thought he wasn't listening when I said that.

*Flashback*

I was sitting across from Bakugo just talking about random stuff.

"You know what I've been into lately." I said as I looked up at Bakugo. He hmmed waiting for me to continue. "Stars."

I thought more about it before I spoke again. "There's just something about them that makes me feel okay. Like when I look at them I know everything will be okay."

I would have kept talking but I saw he was just staring at me. "Are you okay?" He didn't answer me. Was I being boring or something?

"We can talk about something else if you want." He rolled his eyes. "I'm fine, keep going." He looked like he was thinking about something but ignored it.

I smiled and kept talking about different stars.

*Flashback over*

He dragged me over and motioned for me to sit down.

He took the telescope off it's stand and come over to sit right next to me. He handed it to me and I looked through it.

All of it was beautiful. The stars were shining so bright I could have gone blind if I had looked any longer.

"Here." He was holding up a plate with sandwiches and fruits on it. I smiled at him. "Such a gentlemen tonight." He ignored my comment and I took the plate from him.

He began to eat his sandwich and I ate mine. I looked at the stars again until I spoke again. "That one looks like you!"

I handed the telescope to him and he looked through it. It was a star that was shining yellow and looked spiky.

"No the hell it doesn't!" I laughed at him. "Yeah, it does. I'm gonna name that one after you." I popped a grape into my mouth before looking up at the sky.

"I wish I was a star." I sat crisscrossed with my hands in my lap. "Why?" He asked. "Because they live to shine and be beautiful and when they die they get to be reborn to do the same thing again."

Stars are just made to be beautiful, it's their purpose, their destiny.

"You're already a star." I moved my head to look at Bakugo but what I didn't realize how close our faces were. I like him so much.

But is this fair to him? I know telling him right now is probably the worst timing ever but I want him to know. I like him so much that I don't think I can keep this from him anymore.

"I have to tell you something." I went on to tell him everything, and I do mean everything. I didn't want him to like me like that without knowing my whole story.

I couldn't do that to him.

When I was finished I waited for him to say something, I was scared but I was doing the right thing. Whatever the outcome is, I'll be okay knowing I didn't lie to him.

"You're an idiot you know that." Huh? What kind of- Bakugo leaned in and pressed his lips on mine, sealing a kiss.

Everything went still, everything stopped moving. The only thing I could hear was my heartbeat trying to beat out of my chest.

He pulled me closer and I let him. I put both of my hands on his neck and his hands went to my waist.

His lips were warm and soft. His hands were firmly on my waist, not too tight but tight enough to hold me in place. We moved our lips and heads to deepen our kiss.

We held each other until we parted and I just stared at his lips. "I don't give a shit about what happened." I brought myself out of that daze and looked into his eye.

I let my hands fall into our laps which were close to each other. "I wanted to tell you earlier but I was scared."

I built up all my courage to say. "I like you a lot. I didn't want to tell you that before you knew everything else." I was expecting some warm-hearted speech but instead, I was met with a flick to my forehead. I let out a small 'ow'.

"All of that changes nothing. You aren't like that anymore so give it up. Focus on me, you idiot." I stopped to think about what he had just said.

Bakugo doesn't care about what happened before, he just cares about right now. He cares about us in this moment, so I should too shouldn't I?

I couldn't help but smile. "I like you a lot." His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. "Yeah I got that." I laughed a bit before leaning my back into him and letting him hold me.

He wrapped his arms around me and we just sat there. It was really nice, I wanted to stay like this forever.

But of course, life has different plans sometimes.

*******
1240 Words

How was it?

Kinda short but sweet #crying