Chapter 28 - Beginning Of A Breakdown

The bluebird was embarrassed. It didn't want to be a burden to the crow.

It was the first time it felt like that. It was a completely unknown feeling.

It was exciting.

The crow continued to carry the brave bluebird for a while, until they landed near an almost dead, withering tree. A few branches had already fallen to the ground.

The bluebird was gently laid onto the ground, wings spread wide. The crow approached and looked all over it.

It seemed to be satisfied. There weren't any serious injuries. Everything went well.

The crow raised its head, and with an unimaginable vigor, went to work.

It pecked away at the bluebird's wings.

---

Another week had passed, and it was finally Monday again. The day hated by most people—working adults and high school students alike. No, maybe anyone who actually did something with their life instead of uselessly sitting around, wasting away their time. But even though it was hated, in a sense, it was also an opportunity. 

Maybe you would actually experience an interesting lecture in school.

Maybe you'd encounter something unexpected.

Or maybe...

You'd sit at the bottom of a slide on a deserted playground, waiting for your friend, doing nothing.

After a few minutes, she appeared right in front of me.

"Heya!"

That unmistakable presence and cheery voice belonged to none other than Mimimi. We hadn't seen or talked with each other over the weekend, which did make me feel conflicted for some reason, but I knew that we'd make up for that. And even if I didn't want to, Mimimi would undoubtedly approach me of her own accord and drag me into whatever shenanigans she'd cooked up.

"Hey, Mimimi."

"Come on!" Her face, that still peeked out from the side, formed an adorable pout. "You're only gonna say that? Where's the enthusiasm?!"

"Seriously, just what do you expect me to—"

"This calls for emergency measures!"

Just then, she left her spot she'd been peeking out of and jumped at me. As to lessen the impact and the slight pain Mimimi might have felt from the coarse sand scraping her knees, my hands immediately went to her sides. I held up her torso slightly above myself while she had thrown her arms around me and was happily rubbing her face on my neck without a care in the world. The sensation of her nose continuously touching the same spot did require some getting used to and her hair was constantly brushing against my face, but I didn't necessarily mind what she was doing. I had simply come to expect these kinds of things whenever I was with her.