Chapter 9 - Fairytale's Facilitation Manifesting The Monster

The monster became sad.

Of course it would. It couldn't get any cake anymore

So, it decided to search the gigantic manor.

Every corner. Every nook. Every window. Everything and all would be seen by the monster's watchful eye.

The monster searched and searched and searched for days upon end.

It became night, then day, night and then day once again.

The depths of despair were about to devour the monster.

Finally, it decided to visit the personal chambers of the woman.

It looked inside the closet, under the bed...

but there was absolutely nothing.

And then, it stood in front of a mirror.

The monster stared at its reflection.

A few quiet moments passed.

Reality distorted just a tiny bit.

The monster had become beautiful.

---

Once lunch break began, I made my way over to the library.

...Is what would have happened if I didn't get stopped by two people from my class.

What was going on? Had I done anything worth mentioning? How did I become an overnight celebrity?

I wanted to leave and was about to open the door when two people stopped me. It was Kashiwazaki, one of Mimimi's friends I met in the cafeteria yesterday, and the other one was called... Seno, I believe. I'd never talked to the latter and didn't intend to either. My eyes desperately darted around in search of help, but none of the classmates I considered helpful to me, e.g. Mimimi, Takahiro, Izumi, were anywhere to be seen. They were in some other class.

I was all on my own here...

"Yo, Ayanokōji-kun," Kashiwazaki called out to me.

Something was definitely weird here. Not only was there an uncomfortably close distance between us, her eyes were boring right down into me. She even stood on her tiptoes to examine me more closely. This wasn't what you'd expect classmates to do to each other, right? Not even friends would commit such an easily misinterpretable action. I was assured of the fact that if Takahiro could witness this, he'd give me hell for it and say something like, "Dude, you move on too fast!"