055

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xʟᴠɪ

sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇᴇᴇ

YOUR STEPS SLOWLY MADE their way out of school, you were...you honestly did not know how to feel, surpised? Angry..? No,, why should you.

What Mona said to you was a lot of information that you didn't know,
Scaramouche never talked about his past, nor he wanted to.

He thought that it was best to not know, and now you understood why...

"It all started once those stupid fatuis put on act the gnoses project."

"Don't really wanna sound dumb but what is a 'gnoses'?"

"You sound REALLY dumb asking that."

"Oh."

"Anyways...a gnosis is something only a nation ruler possess. It's a way to show their power, Tsaritsa, the Shneznaya ruler, who is now considered the strongest one since she possess now three gnoses, hers included."

"Which ones does she-"

"Mondstand, Liyue and hers, she also had Inazuma's one, however Scaramouche stole it back. He always says that it was for his own purposes but I bet he did it for his sister, hehe."

"How cute."

"Sure...ahem. Tsaritsa took it as a betrayal. So of course he needed to be punished, he got banned from Snheznaya, but it wasn't enough. She kept taunting him, that until he got tired of it. It was a normal day at school. 8th grade. Me and him were simply chilling around, until...Scaramouche got a really bad news. His dear friend got hospitalized."

"..."

"The cause what The doctor. That ugly rat was the one who did it, but he was able to cause an innocent person. He even admitted himself in front of me and Scara, however we had no proofs. It still bothers me to this day." Mona left a loud sigh as she adjusted her posture.

"So what did scara do..?"

"Heh, of course didn't accept it that easily and...attacked dottore and Tsaritsa."

"Wha- how..?"

"Breaking every rule possible. He went to Liyue, dont ask me why they were there. He tracked down the two of them and dealt with them. He was supposed to go in prison but Ei managed to protect him with everything she had. Thankfully her efforts worked and well...afterwards the Fatui stopped bothering him, until you. Showed up. Now they are back, and YOU are the cause. Good luck dealing with them."

"Wait-!"

Mona was about leave, however, you were fast enough to react and reach her wrist. You pulled her close to you while watching her with a straight face.

"I said wait."

You remember her weird reaction clearly, don't ask why tho. Her sparkly eyes became wide for a second. It afterwards turned back to normal as her pupils dilated. Face red from...anger?