Chapter 21: I'm Alone In This Cruel World

Start from the beginning

"Yes. I copied the photos Natalia sent me on a flash drive."

"Great. I will bring Raphael's laptop now."

Amelia gets up from the sofa and goes to her room for a few seconds to take the laptop, while Alicia stays in the living room and gets pleasure playing with Hailey, who smiles widely at her and makes sounds.

"What, sweetie?" Alicia asks softly. "What do you wanna show?"

Hailey points her little finger at a simple silver necklace put around Alicia's neck, takes a pedant in the form of a sparkling circle, and starts playing with it.

"So, you liked my necklace?" Alicia asks.

Hailey plays with the necklace on Alicia's neck for a few seconds and wants to put the pedant in her mouth at some moment.

"No, no, don't put it in your mouth!" Alicia exclaims softly, moving the pedant off Hailey's mouth. "Don't do it, I say. I don't want you to swallow it. Hailey, don't put it in your mouth!"

A few seconds later, Amelia returns to the living room with Raphael's laptop in her hands.

"That's good Raphael charged it," Amelia says confidently. "Otherwise, we would've had to wait."

Amelia puts the laptop on the coffee table, opens the lid, and turns it on.

"Where's the flash drive?" Amelia asks.

"Yes, yes, now..." Alicia says thoughtfully. "I shall give... Erm... Where's my handbag? Oh, listen, friend, could you take Hailey in your arms?"

"Sure. Go to mommy, my happiness." Amelia takes Hailey carefully in her arms, sets her on her laps, and kisses her on the top of her head. "Good..."

Alicia slightly stands up from the sofa, reaches for her purse placed in front of her, quickly opens it up, and starts finding something. And a few seconds later, the woman takes a little flash drive from it and gives it to her friend.

"Take it."

Amelia takes the flash drive from Alicia's hands and waits for the laptop to upload the operating system, holding Hailey sitting on her laps with one hand. When she sees the desktop, the woman injects the flash drive into one of the ports and quickly finds a few photos of the feminine palms, on which it's possible to see all the big and little lines.

"Great, that's what I need," Amelia smiles slightly. "Excellent photos."

"So? What can you say?"

"Now, wait..."

Amelia opens one of the photos of Natalia's palm and starts closely examining the lines on it.

"So... I see the girl is in good health. She is quite smart, confident... But a little capricious... A little timid... Very sensitive... She takes everything seriously..." Amelia frowns slightly. "Although she's supposed to have quite many lovers, she is destined to be married for her whole life. But she is not lucky yet, as men use her for their own benefit. Either they like the money of her parents, who, as you said, are rich, or her beauty and youth."

"That's correct," Alicia nods.

"She is kind of lucky. She doesn't have to work hard to get something. She gets almost everything easy. Though she will have personal life issues."

"Wanna say she's gonna break up with Edward?"

"I can't exclude it. That guy is poor. And the girl is destined to get married to the one, who will be able to provide for her. Yes, he will not be very rich. He will be much poorer than her parents. But they will never know what a lack of money is. At least because Natalia is not spoiled and can use money. She loves pleasing herself, but buys only what she really needs."