Chapter 25 Sing your Heart Out

Brook sat outside the trailer a few hours later, all dressed up in a blue evening jacket and jeans paired with a black silk button-up shirt and glossy black boots

Brook sat outside the trailer a few hours later, all dressed up in a blue evening jacket and jeans paired with a black silk button-up shirt and glossy black boots. He checked his phone for the second time that evening, checking the message he sent earlier. He had managed to sneak Michelle's friends Leah and Brynn's numbers from her phone and sent them texts inviting them to Michelle's surprise birthday party as he felt she'd be overjoyed to see her lively friends. He also asked them not to call her and remind her it was her birthday until that evening—surprisingly, Michelle seemed utterly unaware of the date. He smiled to himself. He couldn't wait to see her face when she got surprised, he'd even warned the crew not to breathe a word. So Michelle remained in the dark until night.

"We're heading out now, we'll see you in a bit!" Jett whispered to him as he came out of the trailer.

"Don't drive like a maniac, we'll need time to set everything up," Reece added to Brook with a grin, following Jett. Both of them were also all dressed up in fancy green and purple jackets and had gelled their usually unruly hair.

"I'll take Paige, explain everything on the way," Payton said. Paige had also been in the dark about the party since Payton felt she might let on to Michelle if she knew. Brook nodded at him.

"Don't let her suspect anything until you arrive," he said.

"Relax, she thinks I'm taking her out," Payton brushed off. Brook looked amused.

"You pulled a dating card to get her to go out tonight? Bro, bad move. You'll have some serious making-up to do later."

"How else was I supposed to get her to dress up without giving away the party?" Payton asked rhetorically, making Brook chuckle. Leslie and Soriano also came out, dressed to the nines. Leslie had managed to convince the girls that she was having a date night with the chief, stunning them for a moment but passing it off as a good reason to dress up. By now the whole crew had an inkling that they were together and the girls gave her knowing smiles as she left, suspecting nothing. Brook was glad they were coming along too since they all made up and they agreed to come for Michelle. He watched them drive off in their car after saying he'd bring Michelle later.

Everyone except Payton was left. When Paige came out of the trailer dressed in a violet, full-sleeve, V-necked, bodycon, cocktail dress, she was surprised to find only Payton and Brook outside.

"Guess tonight's a date night for everyone. You ready to go?" She asked, looking at Payton and Brook after noticing that no one else was around.

"You guys go ahead first, we'll catch up later," Brook said with a secretive smile. Payton was still gathering his thoughts and took a minute to answer after Paige stunned him in her outfit.